good suspension shops in brisbane

dpellizzaro

hi guys

im just wondering if anyone could recommend any suspension shops that have been helpfull with suspension for their Z? i ask as im not heaps handy with that stuff and i want to lower my 260 2+2 but am a bit wiery about the whole sectioning/welding aspect.

cheers

david

Fulcrum Suspension at Browns Plains (or any Fulcrum) get a mention quite often. Stevo_GJ got his done at Fulcrum Hillcrest I believe. This is for koni reds, lowering etc. not sure how you would go if you were doing coil overs.

If you are replacing bushings here is a fairly recent quote for the superpro parts from them (not labor):

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php?topic=10883.0

A few people on the forum, mainly Lurch, seem to recommend SuperPro bushes. I remember reading on their website something about them doing extensive testing with the durability of them. If you believe most of what you read on the internet, most poly bushes tend to loose sharp or deteriorate quite quickly and the belief is that SuperPro may be a better quality.

The cheap poly bushes in my 240z are rooted and they were replaced 10 years ago. May sound like a long time but it only did about 8000 mile in 7 of those years. I'm going to replace everything I can with SuperPro and then do the rest with the cheap American stuff.

For actual suspension setup, mods and alignment, go see Ken Graham in Timms ct Woodridge.

Does work from basic to whatever you want, but take a fat wallet for the whatever you want stuff.

Better off in some respect to do what you can at home etc, get the align close, then get it to Ken.

I'm doing exactly that with a chaps Dato 1600, fitting front and rear coils and shocks, new bushes, slotting rear x member for adjustability, new brakes, then its off to Ken, he loosens, re aligns tightens and shes all done.

Thanks guys, i called fulcrum and didn't have much luck. I got a quote from a suspension shop in the gold coast for a set of xyz coilovers fitted for just under $2000 including wheel alignment. Has anyone heard of these? They look the goods, if that means anything anymore....

Cheers

David