Sign in to follow this  
d3c0y

Ugliest Z ever

Man that thing is thoroughly ruined. I love it when people spend serious money making it bad too it's epic.

When i saw the "electricly supercharged" badge on the front i was further sickened, yet not surprised in the slightest.

“I have an electric blower that I used to pump air into an inflatable boat that I used to own,” he explained. “I sold the boat years ago, but kept the pump. When my electrical contracting firm worked on big construction projects where we could not simply use fish tape to run the pulling rope, I used this pump to push lot of air through a long conduit.

“The pump is 120 volt AC, so I use a 4000 Watt inverter to translate 12 volt DC to 120 volt AC,” he explained. “Then I installed a micro-switch on the accelerator pedal that triggers the blower at around 3,000 rpm.”

“While it does not have the absolute boost of a proper automotive supercharger, you do notice a significant increase in power, and I reckon the motor puts out at least 15 to 20 percent more when my home-made blower is engaged,” said Fred. That was the last upgrade I made on the car, which also has power steering and air-conditioning, unlike the original 240Z.”

20% more power bawhahahahahaha yet he things that isnt a significant increase???

60981-Third-Party-Facepalm-meme-extr-McI2.jpeg

New entry for 'worth paint job' ever.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Series-Z-1973-datsun-240-z-no-reserve-/171271270010

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

“Needs minor body work and interior reconditioning."

Which begs the question, what does this seller deem as major bodywork?

The paint job is so horrible, it's almost awesome again.

Other than the hood and left candy scoop it does look, from the pictures to be pretty minor work needed. Actually digging into it may be a different story.

For those of us old enough to remember, this was Nissan / Datsuns Sandman issue Z

"If its a rockin, don't come a knockin"

Why not just buy a corvette?

So it is not only me who thinks there is some Vette in that nose.

The 80's and fibreglass have a lot to answer for  :o

I could imagine, if you were close enough, you'd hear it saying over and over "please kill me...please kill me"

My god that's terrible. Someone with too much spare time on their hands & absolutely zero concept of aesthetics. Even if the rear wheel matched the front instead of being presumably a temporary replacement the whole thing just looks like a complete mish-mash abortion. Dreadful.

Sadly Veilside did the same thing to many of the 90s era Japanese cars.

http://www.veilsidejpn.com/

Z32C2_front-thumb-510x399-2832.jpg

FD3SC2_front-thumb-510x329-2888.jpg

re_SUPRA_C2_F-thumb-510x333-2723.jpg

180SX-C3_front-thumb-510x341-2815.jpg

Nobody was safe!

I will say I don't mind the Veilside Fortune kit but I'd never do it to my own car.

(Epic RB26 + 13B Turbo sounds!) :) - I really don't like Fast N' Curious Franchise though....

There is nothing wrong with a well executed Veilside kit. Just like some cringe-worthy things that happened to cars in every decade one day someone will see photos of those cars and think the 90's was pretty cool.