Gordo's head repair

peter mc

Here are some pics of a head I'm repairing for Gordon ('GL240GTR' on here).

Basicly the only things that were kept was the head casting itself .

New parts include:

Reground cam, Valves, Valve guides, Springs, Lash Pads & Retainers, plus a little more porting work to the inlet and exhaust on the short turn, and cam towers ,

More pics later...

post-2089-144023669642_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023669649_thumb.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think the pics not very good there is 3 angles on the valve the seat  45 angle is 1mm all my heads will be done by hsd from now on there work is top shelf i don't think i have seen work like it for a long time all seats are exact i could not  folt any thing they did . head stud dev in Melbourne if you wont good seat work

So what was wrong with Gordo's head? :P

. Hi Gav, for all the technical stuff you would have to ask Pete, but basically the set up was poorly set up, retainers wrong,valve springs wrong size, rockers wobbled around, cam towers warn, cam was set up poorly, not enough lift, valves where hitting piston reliefs, valves had been bouncing , and was running to much compression 11.5 to use 98 fuel. So the last few years I've been trying to tune this thing, unbeknown to me I had bent valves, and was valve bouncing and the fuel was not up for it, and so. Holly shiver is that all. No that's not all, I'm a bit depressed.

Pete stopped in tonight on his way home - I believe you're going to get one awesome motor once it's finished Gordon ;)

. Hi Gav, for all the technical stuff you would have to ask Pete, but basically the set up was poorly set up, retainers wrong,valve springs wrong size, rockers wobbled around, cam towers warn, cam was set up poorly, not enough lift, valves where hitting piston reliefs, valves had been bouncing , and was running to much compression 11.5 to use 98 fuel. So the last few years I've been trying to tune this thing, unbeknown to me I had bent valves, and was valve bouncing and the fuel was not up for it, and so. Holly shiver is that all. No that's not all, I'm a bit depressed.

If you see me on the news tomorrow night it will be because my wife will kill me when see finds out. Or I have just robbed the local store to fund the rebuild . Not sure which way it will pan out yet, I better get to the shops early.LOL.

MMM its a hole motor now ....pore Gordo ,he has no luck, he wonted to get me to fit the head , but when i had a look at his motor  i was shocked at the condition off the bore ,,, so its a bit more than he was thinking .Les and i  striped it today and worked out how to fix it  .... and i worked out the oil leak from the rear cap lol

Where is a good moderator when you need one, could be time to lock this thread. All Im getting is bad news on this thred, must be something else we can talk about, how was your day at work today? Are you going away for Easter?

Hey Bruce . Work Is going ok, but need to work Sat and Sunday now. And will get away for a few days at Easter. And the engine has gone to the bottom of the sea floor as boat anchor . But never fear, I will be back.

• 1 month later...