Sign in to follow this  
Ledge

Mount Alma Mile 2012

Hi

Hill climb on this weekend guys.

Free for spectators and free parking.

See you there

Popped down to Mt Alma to have a look today.  Lots of nice cars.  I counted 5 Zed's and Kev's V8 260Z was leading, teaching even the race spec'd R35 GTRs a lesson.  :D

post-1856-144023670372_thumb.jpg

post-1856-144023670381_thumb.jpg

post-1856-144023670389_thumb.jpg

post-1856-144023670398_thumb.jpg

heheh last week a bloke came up to Kev and i and said i have been building a car to beat you it a 35gtr and iv spent 500k to beat you at the mile  :o Kev just surged his shoulders and said heheh and good luck

Chev power 4wd yes rear end is all datsun r200 lsd front diff is r180 lsd ,,, front splitter is VE Holden super car  cf

bonnet is cf made by Kev the Gard's are alfa fiberglass flears modified by Kev . side pods are cf made by Kev , rear wing is sports car wing from the gt class  , the flore was 260 ,2+2 but has been replaced with flat lighter steel .gear box is a Jericho 5 speed dog box transfer case is hilux ,drive shafts in rear are SW motor sport 300z type, front is home made  suby arms and Toyota landcruzer hubs , Kev has made all the mods him self in his shed its a 2 car shed  like you have at home ,

he built the motor himself its close to 950hp engine , i have lots of respect for the bloke as he has made one of the fastest sports cars in the world and done it all him self , he is not a rich bloke , just spends lots of time and pasion ... so well done Kev .

Yeah lots of respect for his skill and tenacity. With limited resources its truly amazing. I also like it that he is beating those with big budgets.

HI ALL

Yeah was a great day there.

Devistating to see that R35 on is roof in the paddock. I Was waiting at the top of the track to come back down after my run and

it isn't pleasent to see that.

Kevins car looks Like it is going to kill you if you walk to close to it. Fantastic bloke to, Happy to tell anyone about

his monster.

I finished up 2ND in the RWD class with a time of 45.8 which is stupid quick.

My mate is editing up the in car and on car footage so i will put some links up soon

Roberto you should have come up to me and had a chat.

Regards

Paul

That R35 looks pretty nasty. Poor bloke. Sort of makes you question the whole "fun" thing about motor sport.

Kev's car looks and sounds insane. I still struggle to fathom the amount of time and money he has put into that car. And the fact that his passion is still 100% full on, or so it seems. Most people sail off into the sunset after 5-10 years. I couldn't see any car beating him really. Good on him.

That is a real shame. That was a beautiful GTR, probably written off.  This is how it looked on saturday before the crash.

Ledge, that time is amazingly quick esp for a RWD car.  Your car looked great, best looking one there.  I was the guy who gave you the big thumbs up while you were waiting in the car for your run on saturday at around 3pm.  You looked focussed, I didn't want to bust your balls :D

post-1856-144023670519_thumb.jpg

Great result Ledge.  Gotta be happy with that in an event which looks like it attracts a very strong field, especially considering you're still in the early days of sorting the car out.  Looks like great things to come  :)

HI ALL

Yeah was a great day there.

Devistating to see that R35 on is roof in the paddock. I Was waiting at the top of the track to come back down after my run and

it isn't pleasent to see that.

Kevins car looks Like it is going to kill you if you walk to close to it. Fantastic bloke to, Happy to tell anyone about

his monster.

I finished up 2ND in the RWD class with a time of 45.8 which is stupid quick.

My mate is editing up the in car and on car footage so i will put some links up soon

Roberto you should have come up to me and had a chat.

Regards

Paul

well done Paul top drive . good to see datos at the front

HI

I don't want to sound like a duesh but that gtr should not have crashed.

We are all warned at the drivers briefing about this corner and how many incidents it has caused over the years

The finish line at this track is by far the most dangerous part of the whole thing.

The line is at the entrance of a corner and its about a 45 degree bend

leading up to  the bend it is a steep uphill and the crest of the hill is in the middle of the corner.

Not to mention the bitumen road ends about 50 metres after the bend and it goes to loose dusty gravel.

So all the cars pull up 200m further down until 50 cars come up then they close the road and we all drag

gravel and dust back onto that finish corner.

So as you can imagine it is bloody slippery.

My approach speed to the finish line would be over 180kmh not 100% sure on this as i have no speedo

but 8000 rpm shift light is on in 4th gear. I roll of the throttle 50m before and coast over with my heart

about to pop out every time.

It is up to the driver to be sensible here at most you might get .3 of a second if you push it to the line, But you can all see

what the result can be.

Not saying anything to offend anyone here but from my point of view .3 of a second is not worth a written of car let alone a

year in rehab.

Trust me we were all very glad that he got out of the car OK.

This event is the most fun you could have in your car but you need to be sensible about it, If i went

at 100% the whole run i would say there is still another second or so in it for me but then it goes from

fun  to risk your life. For me with wife, 2 kids and a dog it ain't worth it, Obviously for others

the risk is worth the end result.

Thanks for the kind words lads.

On a sad note we did loose a really tidy red 260z at the same finish line corner.

He carried to much speed onto the gravel and said hello to a large Australian native.

He was fine as the car had slowed to about 20kmh before impact but we all know how flimsy

the front of a Z is so it looked really bad. Needs bonnet guards bumper, They had finished the car 2 days earlier.

Also the gold 240z had a very close call when the front left rim sheared of the

seats around the wheel nuts and the wheel went one way

and the car the other but it was at a slow enough speed that no real damage was done.

Could have been bad at the high speed parts.

Regards

Paul

Hi All

This is a compilation of a couple of different camera angles out side the car

inside ones to come soon

Enjoy

Great footage and nice driving Ledge.  Looks like heaps of fun and a fairly high speed run for a hillclimb.