Wheels 2012

bt240

A little more info about the event might help...  ;)

Shannons Wheels 2012

Sunday 25 March 2012 Council of ACT Motor Clubs celebrate 30 years of Wheels The Council of ACT Motor Clubs invites all affiliated clubs member to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Shannons Wheels Expo on Sunday 25 March 2012, on the lawns of Old Parliament House from 10:00 am to 3:00pm. Come and share in the celebration of 30 years of raising money for local charities during which time around $400 000 has been donated. Enjoy the family fun picnic day surrounded by veteran, vintage, classic and modern vehicles in one of the best panoramic views in Canberra. This year money raised will be donated to the Rotary Club Shelterbox project which provides emergency accommodation and equipment for up to 10 people who have suffered from natural disasters around the world. The first Wheels display was held on 14 Match 1982 on Phillip Oval and raised $17 which was donated to charity. All vehicle clubs are welcome to put on display and for the allocation of space on the lawns approximate numbers should be sent to Daniel Wyatt Tele: 6258 4590 Email:daniel.wyatt2@bigpond.com Please note drip trays are required for all vehicles attending the display. The Council is also holding a 30th anniversary dinner on Saturday 24 March at the Canberra Southern Cross Club, Jamison. Features of the night will be a two course dinner (mains and deserts $37.00 per head) a charity auction and a special guest speaker. For bookings contact Jan and David Wyatt Tele:6286 1782 Email:wyattd@grapevine.com.au

From here: http://www.actmotorclubs.org.au/go/shannons-wheels-2008

Gday

I was the guy with the silver zed you met, if I recall you had the nice merc behind us. Yes im keen (weather permitting) to attend. I had a look last year and the event is up there with the best all makes events going around.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok , I suggest we meet at the yacht club carpark at say 9.15-9.30am this sunday, and well drive the whole 1km over to Parlaiment House..

So far:

Simon

Scott

Brook

Miika ??

Chris

C'mon Bede....

Also Datpilot, you should make an appearance  :D

I was wondering when this would be on!!!

My R30 Skyline isnt exactly ready for display, its a real mess actually. (plus the no rego issue haha)

Will still be popping over to say hi, its only 3 km walk!

I might contact canberra connect to see about a day rego thingy, for transport to the mechanic (surely there will be a mechanic there?)