Morgan Park Sprints

be-zed

Jake, they are not well advertised for people to enter as you need to be "in the info loop" to get the series registration forms sent to you at end of each year, this costs some $220 just to register for the following year, they run four sprint weekends for your registration, each event entry fee is quite low cost, it is a good weekend indeed.

If you wanted to run in 2013, you need to register at end of this year with Warwick District Sporting Car Club.

As it is a CAMS only track, you need at minimum a L2S licence at around $90, and you need to be a member of a CAMS affiliated car club Z club approc fee around $60?, or hunt around on Goldy for a local club.

Cars can be registered or unreg, you also need a TPP insurance extension for any rego car.

It all kinda makes the whole Lekeside and Qld Raceway day sprints so easy!, but the entry at those is a bit higher, AASA Clubman licence is less the eqivalent.

The MP events are good from a spectating point of view, and as it is organised as an official motoring event, quite a few will drive their concessional special interest registered cars up and back to give them a run, as you dont need to compete to do this

;)Oh, wait, some knob will come by and tell us you cant do this and you cant do that.

Each MP round of their supersprints entry fee is around the $80 to $100 mark, if you did say just two rounds, it gets a bit exxy.

wDSCC have been known to run a single stand alone Supersprints weekend towards end of each year, you dont need to be registered for the Sprint series for that event, as it is open to all to enter, but still need cams licence and be a club member, and TPP insurance ( if your with Suncorp on your CTP it is nil cost? Check though

I did these series over a few years from 2001, it is a great stepping stone to move onto something a touch more interesting, like proper racing.

Below, is a rather idiotic private message sent to me from the so called president of the Zed Car Club Qld, in response to my,  I felt, quite helpfull information, that I posted above.

Any comments???

His syntax leaves a bit to be desired.  ::)  ::).

"Good to see you are still behaving like a child. Instead of posting something negative and misinforming people, If you had half a brain and  the mental capacity of more than a 15 year old  you would have posted something like WDSCC is an Inc, car club so the events that they run you are able to take you concessional Rego car along with out problems, welll i guess, as per usual it is YOU you behaving like a knob."

24DAT

Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend, just make sure that your blood is clear from contaminants before going on the track though ;) Actually Lakeside is getting a bit much for me, as the plan is to get a tow car and trailer I may put my name down for next year. But have to crack a 59 second Lakeside lap first, that is a must do.

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst my car is not a "Z" I was there as a representative of the Z Car Club so I thought I would post up this photo of my car. This photo was taken by the photographer from the Warwick Daily News and was published in their Monday edition. Please note that this photo is copyrighted to the Warwick Daily News.

Coming down the front straight with my right foot flat to the floor, still didn't get under the one minute lap time but came very close.

Cheers

Peter

post-3340-144023667788_thumb.jpg