Tuggeranong Festival Invitation

sco_aus

Hey guys,

I received this email today and want to gauge interest.  Thoughts?

"Hello car clubs of all models, vintages and styles

I am the President of the Tuggeranong Community Festival and would like to invite your club to participate in this year’s Festival.  We are also extending invitations to truck, bus, vintage/historical, tractor clubs, the defence force and emergency type services.

The Festival will be held on Saturday 1 December 2012 in Tuggeranong Town Park.

We are slowly building up our motor car/cycle exhibit (e.g. classic, rare, vintage and kustom etc). Last year we had the ACT Mini and MG Car Clubs and the American Car Club registering, with some club members travelling from Wagga Wagga and the south coast to participate.

We believe that over time our car exhibit will become a major Festival event and the biggest in South Canberra.  The exhibit opportunities and expansion potential are endless given the large public interest and appreciation of ‘motoring’ throughout ACT and regions.

Each year the Festival puts on free children’s and main evening concert.  This year, our headline main act will be Pseudo Echo (of funky town fame) followed by the traditional fireworks over Lake Tuggeranong.  All the entertainment is free to the public.  There will be stalls of all types and we are confident that our stallholder registrations of 95 along with the 65 community groups we engage (set in 2011) will be broken this year.  There will also be free on-stage entertainment throughout the day, a rowing competition and a social sailing regatta, free fishing competition and a re-enactment of the Battle of Hastings, just to mention a few.  Basically its a great day out.

I would be happy to meet with your committee to discuss further and answer any questions you may have.  Please feel free to call me after hours on 6286 4747 or contact me via this email.

I hope your club considers favourably our invitation to participate.

Kind regards,

Michael Lindfield

President

Tuggeranong Festival

Background

The Tuggeranong Festival is Canberra’s longest running free-to-the-community event of its kind.  We are now in our 24th year of community service.  Our website is www.tuggeranongfestival.org.au.  The Festival is a non-profit community group.

The Festival does not have any administrative overheads or paid staff.  The festival program and event management is done in a voluntary capacity by a small group of people outside their working hours."

• 3 weeks later...

Scott, I could be interested seeing as I live on the Southside.  Obviously I wouldn't be able to confirm 'til much closer to the date.  Cheers, Bede

Hey guys,

I received this email today and want to gauge interest.  Thoughts?

• 8 months later...