the last engine

peter mc

hheheheh tom your not funny  ::) i have been traveling to Les collins shop every day and  its been the best training iv ever had, the man knows his stuff and we have been working together to build this motor , the head has been ported by both of us and has been on the flow bench for weeks and has the best figers iv ever seen on a p90 at 600Th it has 360hp flow , so with the 3.35 L we wont 350hp engine and we will rev it to 8000 to make it happen ,,, will be the best Lmotor i have ever built

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

You should market this stroker kit to the americans. Theyll eat it up.

Even the Japanese would go nuts I think... I know they have built some mean L-series but this is the first I've heard of with this kind of displacement. Looking forward to it Pete.

heheh that's funny ,i was told by them that we are hicks and don't know sh  it about race engines, and we have engines  much better than you do hear in AUSTRALIA ,,, and our hp figures are so low that we don't know how to build a L Series

No matter what you do, there is always going to be haters and doubters.

50 cent once told me. "Go ahead switch the style up and If they hate then let em hate and watch the money pile up"

I can't wait to see this new stroker as well.

heheh that's funny ,i was told by them that we are hicks and don't know sh  it about race engines, and we have engines  much better than you do

in AUSTRALIA ,,, and our hp figures are so low that we don't know how to build a L Series

hehehhhehehehehheheh

Now you know how the guys at NISMO and Reinik felt when Fred Gibson's lot told them they didn't know how to build race cars or race engines.

Karma's a bitch, isn't it?

Now you know how the guys at NISMO and Reinik felt when Fred Gibson's lot told them they didn't know how to build race cars or race engines.

Karma's a bitch, isn't it?

But didn't Gibson Motorsport actually end up giving intellectual property of performance developments back to Japan?

Or do I have my wires crossed? ???

Intellectual property? The vast majority of the base car was Nissan's intellectual property ( and commercial product ) FFS!

You're both missing the point. Anybody who ( *allegedly* ) compared Rebello's over-the-counter street engines with anything else, and said that the Rebello engines trump all, is stupid. You just can't compare like with like in this kind of situation. If you try to get into that kind of contest then you are on a hiding to nothing, especially if you turn up out of the blue on a USA-based forum touting your wares and slagging off the local opposition.

The sad thing about the Gibson guys sledging NISMO and Reinik is that it was the tail wagging the dog. Talk about biting the hand the feeds you. It's not as though the Reinik engines were dogs. The cars they were used in swept the board in their series for three years. They TOTALLY dominated. The point was they didn't have to turn the wick up that much.  Not to mention that they were involved in a fairly different type of Group A racing than the Australian series. The Reinik engined cars certainly never suffered the amount of DNFs that the GMS engined cars did.

What grates is that the Gibson side carps on about how brilliant they were, and how sh*t Reinik and NISMO were, but the car itself was designed, engineered, homologated and produced in Japan. It had NISSAN written on it in big letters. Who wants to have a dog that asks its owner to bark? When all is said and done, the GMS people should let their achievements speak for themselves. Their slagging off of their partners only showed that they didn't have the dignity that Reinik and NISMO had. There were two sides to the story ( as there always are ), but you won't hear the NISMO guys slagging off GMS....   

Intellectual property? The vast majority of the base car was Nissan's intellectual property ( and commercial product ) FFS!

Yes, but improved on were they not?

I don't recall any sledging or slagging coming from these shores  ???

But then again, I was a kid unlike you old farts  :P

Furtive cazy brain thinking!  Shades of FJ24 horniness going on!

Ahem,,,,,,, can that crank be destroked to 79 mm???

Group Sc!

Oh, and nbased on the offsets on the counterweights, and less stress to block, and, a block girdle, 9500 rpm could be achieved,,,, yes,,???

Im allowed roller rocker assy, apparently, as others are using them!!!

Single TB smallest d is 56 mm, with tapered intake prior to smallest id, at the "correct" included angle!

Furtive cazy brain thinking!  Shades of FJ24 horniness going on!

Ahem,,,,,,, can that crank be destroked to 79 mm???

Group Sc!

Oh, and nbased on the offsets on the counterweights, and less stress to block, and, a block girdle, 9500 rpm could be achieved,,,, yes,,???

Im allowed roller rocker assy, apparently, as others are using them!!!

Single TB smallest d is 56 mm, with tapered intake prior to smallest id, at the "correct" included angle!

mmm the crank is 85 mm from Nissan can it be destroked that far don't know ,,, as for the stress on the block we run 94 mm cranks in RBs to 8500 with 30psi making 1000hp ,so i dont think the block will be to strest at 350hp  it would be better with a builet crank with f c w 

the hardest thing to control is the valve at rpm ,the springs have a very hard time with 620lift and 8000 ,its not so bad with titanium valves but 47mm ss is very heavy and hard to control 

the f wheel was made by les and is 4.5kg and the AP twin plate race unit is just over 2kg

with 89 stroke and 90 mm bore it will have mad responce  ,,,11.1 comp  and light rods and pistons i think it will be fast