Old school race seats.

DTF260

What's everyone's opinion on these:

Kameari GT seat

http://www.kameariusa.com/L6_GTseat.htm

Autolook Vintage racing bucket seat

http://www.nostalgiccar.com/13_orijinal-parts/parts/01_03.htm

The more I look at them the more I want a pair  ;D. The problem is I can't pick which I like more haha.

Apart from the awesome appearance, I'm after something with a little more hold than the stand seats, and while these obviously aren't the best in that department Id rather out these in then a whizz bang modern seat which IMO would look a little out of place in a 70s car.

Yeah the 2nd one is my favorite too but when I plugged the info into google translate, it came back with : The auto look Racing bucket seats ( type A) price: 53,500 yen (including tax) color: one color (sheet of fabric/materials back seat) and (black/black) * will be sold out. Thank you for your patronage long. * Future sales is yet to be decided.

I hope that doesn't mean they have stopped selling them :/

Doesn't look like they're available :'(

reasonable price too.

Is there something available here? Try the race shops? Revolution racegear used to have a retro one that was pretty nice.

Or

Take your seat to a re-trimmer and have them modify it  ;)

I'd like to do that with my factory seat.

If your zeds anything like most they get hot inside on a mild day, race seats only make it worse and black vinyl/leather will make for a sticky ride. You might find yourself velcroed to the seat very quickly.

Make sure you  try seats out the sizes vary a lot between brands, revolution racegear has about a dozen(not all classic style) set up that you can sit in to size yourself up.

Might be a stupid question but, what's wrong with the harness on the historic in that pic?

As it sits over the top of the seat it will move sideways and in a hit can/will slip off your shoulders, which won't give any protection. In my hit in July my harness stretched about 3-4 inches, as they are designed to do. If they weren't held in by the seat location holes who kknows where they or I would have ended up. The rear mounts for the shoulder straps are also critical, they must be attached at the appropriate angle, about a max of 30 deg from horizontal IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How tall are you??

He is about 6'1" I'm 6'4 and about 95 kg and I need some one to hold the seat when I try and get out if it .(we use it for playin forza with a steering wheel)

But build for a Japanese build .

• 4 months later...

Just found a great looking seat. Simillar to the one from zcc, but I think it looks more comfortable and bit better shape on the seat.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/lachlanrb20s13/befreelb-1.jpg

From

www.befree.sh

I'm looking for seats for a 1600 at the moment and trying to find something that will suit.