The Dashboard Doctor

Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that I just pickde up my dash and console from The Dashboard Doctor. The dash needed to be reskinned. I gave them two consoles that I had (both broken in half and missing pieces).

The job that they have done is outstanding. I highly recomend these guys if you need work to be done on your dash or console.

Once I take some after shots, I'll post them with the before shots.

Now I just have to find a place to keep it safe until the car is sprayed.

Cheers,

Matt

Prices??

And ye some before and after shots would be good, especially as you say the console was basically 2 parts.

It's always good to hear good things, with these guys I am not surprised though as they have been around for some time.

my old cheese recently had her dash reskinned through the dash doctor.

it was easily the worst console ever, had more cracks than a sri lankan cricket pitch, and for i think $500 it came back better than new.

Quite pricey I thought, but when in Rome.......

• 7 months later...

My old cheese got her 2 seater dash done there in the last few months. She said it was $450 if you took the guages out, or $500 of you left them in.

You have to rate their work though.. it was a terrible dash and it now looks like brand new.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
  • Moderators

Now $650

Are there any alternative places?

$650 seems to have the price for a little while now, but the quality is reported to be first rate.

Are there any other places?  haven't heard any mentioned. but it is a dam good question.

• Administrators

Now $650

Are there any alternative places?

Inflation mate.

There was a place in Adelaide. Someone posted an example recently I was trying to find it but no luck yet. Quality looked top shelf.

i think i got to the bottom of the dashboar technology via a thread on 911 dashes

in the 60,70 and 80s technology land, the skin and the foam were actually made separately and then just glued glued together

so the reason that the dashboard doctor MUST put the skin on top is that you cannot put ABS hot plastic sheet straight over the foam - you will not get the correct shape and defintion

so you need a male mold for the skin and a female/male foam mold. no wonder that you can't get a complete NEW dash, only either a glue on overskin ( US style) or the stretch over vynil ( dashboard doctor style). it would be a huge and pro job to do the molds to a level of factory accuracy

.. to cut a long story short, does anyone have a spare, rubbish  dash for the cause that i can use to rig up some molds?