Official QLD Christmas Drinks

sexual_sushi

Rain will not be a problem . It just adds to the fun.

Low level cloud on Tamborine well that's a another matter.

I did the run in the rain yesterday and there may be some pools of water from time to time but that's about it. It will be market day when we go through and on the tourist strip is a model car shop which has 1  lemon yellow 1:18 scale die cast 240Z for $65 . The course is shorter  now as we will be cutting out Beaudesert.

Hi,

Covered area at the back of house is 6mtr by 12mtr and shed is about 9mtr square so plenty of room. Sorry no cover for cars but plenty of space. Back yard is good atm, heaps of drive way space, and plenty of street parking. Quiet street as it goes nowwhere and very wide with line marking. Will OK with neighbours to park on there spaces on path, should not be a prob. Dave, 24 Dat is also bringing a fold up thingy. Just bring a fold up chair if you have one. Plan "B"is just in case it is pissing down and we can't do the run, but the BBQ will go ahead regardless. Between Shaun, Aub and myself we will keep you posted and look forward to a great day. And to all those guys nervous about insurance, please don't hijack this thread like you did with the original one. If you don't want to bring your Z , come in your wife's car, you will still be welcome. ;)

What a great day and top load of blokes and girls. The run was great it as was the first long drive in my car and it didn't let me down. Sorry Aub. I was a bit nervous taking over as lead car but had two great guys riding shotgun telling me where to go, untill Aub caught up and took over as lead again. We have to do this again in the new year. I really enjoyed the looks of people passing us on the M1 with so many Z's to pass before they got to the lead car. Of course the ones behind me were much better looking than mine. I mean the cars not the drivers. I hope everyone enjoyed the BBQ and got home safely. I will let Shaun post pics as my son in law was in charge of the camera and I got to say he needs to take a course in photography. Thanks to everyone who help organise this event, you know who you are, and all you people who turned up to make it a great day. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Forgot to say Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year to all forum members. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

It was a great day and great drive, and great people, It was my first time meeting anybody from the forum and found them very friendly, was great food and good company but I had to dash off as there was a big storm coming in and I was in the lady's 306 cabriolet with the roof down, Electrical not working on it, just got out in time with a few heavy drops on the window, got back to the Gold Coast missing all the storms coming up and as soon as I got the car away it bucketed down.

Thanks to all the members who put it together.

Dave

Thanks again to Shaun, Aubrey, Peter T and his family, from the members of ZCCQ who were there, and myself for making the day such a success :) :) :),

It was great to finally meet you guys and to put some names to faces and see all the beautiful zed cars out on the day 8)  I am looking forward to see you who were there and those who could not make it in 2012,

Merry Christams and Happy Zedding New Year

Cheers

Dave Robertson

President ZCCQ

Was a good day for sure and the weather held out just long enough to get a feed and nail a few jacks.

Cheers for the organising and hospitality! I look forward to more of these in 2012.

James (370Z shotgun rider)

Nice photos! Luckily someone got some pics at the start, I was too preoccupied :)

Thanks everyone for a great day! And we have $70 to donate towards the site too!!

Jk_zeder, I was pretty clsoe to swapping seats with you for the 240z it was so bloody hot  :o

That was a great day .

I was glad to see the weather hold for as long as it did for us . Peter's skills on the BBQ are now legendary. I am guessing that everyone found Steve's salt racer interesting.

If you found the course interesting you may want to do it with questions which have to be answered about things on the course and do it at night in winter.I do not recommend installing a bank of aircraft landing lights to this as some other car clubs see fit to do so.

I need to thank a number of guys who came to the rescue when the exhaust system decided it had had enough and left going up

Mt Tambourine. Five minutes and it was all wired back up in place and I was back on the road  . However I fear someone's wire fence may be about to collapse at any moment . To everyone who attended you made it a great day

thank you 

post-1434-144023655673_thumb.jpg

post-1434-144023655692_thumb.jpg