Nissan Motorsport 6-2 header group buy EOI

luvemfast

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will see a gain in HP from going from the stock manifold to headers on an L28. Noticable different when i did it on my L24.

What headers did you go to Jake?

What other mods did you do?

Yes. (It will fit a stock L28)

Ok, to save everyone wondering the same thing.

The real question is......

Will you see any performance gains?

No.

You will need to spend lots of money on engine mods to see the benefits.

Will it look da sh!t?

Yes.

I stand by my previous statement.

That you will not see gains with a stock L24, L26 or L28.

To make these headers work properly, you need to spend close to $10k on engine mods!!

But they are purtty  ;D

They might be only 1 1/2" i havent measured them but all the car had was a CDI and a 2 1/4" system with a straight through muffler, oh and some hand tuned SUs  8) Stock as a rock pretty much. Definitely went faster by the ass dyno.

i have tested then and i dont like them .... as they dont make good torque in the mid rpm range

I didnt want to say that so i just put dimensions and quoted big , but your bang on the money Pete , bog down mid range as the primary are too large in OD and length, might help using a 1. 7/8 inch exhaust pipe, sorta defeats the purpose a bit then, not a good street car or even a really good street car pipe, maybe those interested should do more homework on them its a lot of time setting them up properly

• 3 weeks later...

Just so you know what I'm dealing with.

I asked for an actual photo of the part and the part number to go with it.

I've attached the pic they sent me.............  >:(

Part number supplied was 99996-E1143 

Which is close, but has an extra 9. Don't know if it was a typo, but I can't find the use of the part number supplied.

I think I'm done  :-\

post-396-14402365724_thumb.jpg

Simon - give up - as I stated in a previous post more trouble than it is worth. Which is why the SWR items are worth the extra, they are known to work, you are dealing with a local and well respected Australian Business and even if you had to wait for them to be made, you have waited 7 weeks on just getting info on making an order, the SWR items would be made already.

Sometime spending a little more upfront = a lot less headaches along the way.

I agree Mike. I actually had given up a while ago.

Then out of the blue I receive an email stating he had located some which rekindled my interest. Which is why I asked for some pics of the actual parts, as previously discussed.

The wrong damn, inbred, hillbilly, uncle dad, one toothed part  >:(

Just a suggestion, if you made an enquiry to SWR about a header group buy you might find the price becomes pretty reasonable compared to these silly Americans even if you do lose a few numbers in the group buy. I know I would be interested in getting a set of SWR pipes!

Just a suggestion, if you made an enquiry to SWR about a header group buy you might find the price becomes pretty reasonable compared to these silly Americans even if you do lose a few numbers in the group buy. I know I would be interested in getting a set of SWR pipes!

Too true.

This was started as a cheap, easy alternaltive.

epic fail  ::)