Sign in to follow this  
el grubbo

tacho

Can any1 help, have wolf 3d upgrade from old ecu but need to connect a wire from coil earth to back of tacho on my 280zx but it is a circuit board any1 know where I can pick up a tacho wire?

how much the 3d set you back if you dont mind me asking? I've got a piece of it 2D in my 280 which could use a tune, might look into something a bit better.

Is it just extending the wire to your dash you're trying to do? can you not just use any old bit of current carying wire, ie some speaker cable or something?

Arent these cable driven? I dont really know cos i had to replace mine with digital, but havent removed the old one.

tacho needs either a loop through it or an earth connection from the coil/dizzy.

either run a wire from neg side of coil to the back of the tacho or loop the power of the coil through the tach,

not familiar with the ZX setup so try option 1 first.

Be warned about the power loop to the tacho if not wired this way may cause damage to your tacho!!! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Wolf3d uses a square wave from memory, the 280zx tacho uses a Round wave, i needed a square -> round wave converter when I installed the MSD on my car just to get the ECU to understand there was a tach signal coming through.

IF the Wolf3d can put out a round wave, connect it to *checks MSD* the white wire coming out from the ECU? I think... White or WHite/Black