Sign in to follow this  
Sooley

AFTERMARKET FRONT WINDSCREEN DEMISTER, Where to get one????

Hi All

To get my car registered I will need to run a front windscreen demister. I am looking for an aftermarket one which I believe is available but can't find it anywhere.

I have heard its like a fan with a heater element in it that can be mounted to send heat to the front window when swithced on.

If anyone knows where I can get one that would be great.

Sooley

They are avaliable i can find out if there is one in oz im an auto elec but they are not called for much they use similar things in buses i guess you gutted it out to rally huh ..... I will look around :wink:

Quick i know!!! a company in melbourne do stock them

W-519mm

D-203mm

H-129mm it weighs 4.85 kg

its not electric though.

The only thing is it has no ducts its a open face with grill it would be easy to set all that up but at around $400 + gst and freight you would be better off putting factory one back in cheap and easy :?

a caravan mob might have 12v elec heaters i know what your chasing but a small one will be hard to get

A friend of mine used 12V computer fans attached to the ducts, but im not sure about the heating side of things.

YEAH! great work guys

I looked for an hour and couldn't find a thing

They one from eBay for $149 looks good but I would still need the factory heater piping and I was trying to get an electric one.

Found this, looks ok

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280097881644&rd=1&rd=1

To get my car registered in NSW I need a front window demister and seeing as I am putting in the S15 Silvia dash, the factory unit wont fit, so something like this would work a treat.

Will give it a go I think

Anthony