FUTURE Z CAR NATIONALS

be-zed

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesnt, Davey, check with Dusty, the outlay and with payment toQR to use Lakeside for the last Lapz was what $12,000, the club got in $12,500, and no cams permits, no medical intervention unit costs, no donation to the flaggies cost.

WDSCC hire MP at approx third the cost, plus the extras, thats why i reckoned it would work, but, and others will confirm, there is a little group in the club that dont like the idea of risking the bank account.

Nothing ventured nothing gained!

By all means use Lakeside, but why not buy a few blocks, rather than the whole lot, tag onto an existing sprints calendered weekend, use that as a pure Zed based get together. It is a no brainer to go AASA and use Lakeside, far less hassle, just have to make sure that 100 zeds turn up!

Using AASA and QR to do all the Lapz entry papetwork, forms, timing drivers briefing, is easy, but you pay for this, whereas at Mor Park, the club has to be behind it, and quite clearly the financial risk did play a part in negating a All Jap multi day, multi event weekend..

Wonderfull diatribe from a club president!

Very positive! Forward looking too!

At least someone is prepared to stick a neck out and have a go at trying something.....

And is passionate enough to push for it, and it did have some support, not as stated as below!!

Good to see you don't like to divluge the full story Jason, At the meeting last year when the event at Morgan Park was discussed, of course the financial risk was apart of the discussion, but why don't you mention what the REAL reason the event was squashed?

I asked those who were at the meeting (and the were a lot of committe and non committe members there  all up about 20+ ) who would be willing to put there hand up to help you organise this type event, and apart from you Jason, how many people were willing to volunteer there time to help you?

For those who weren't at the meeting it was a BIG F@#$ing 0 and i know! you cant organise an event like that without help,

So why don't you stop saying that we have a negative stance or the jitters , just because the event at Morgan Park over the Queens Birthday event  was something that You! personally wanted to do, and we as a club did not vote to support it.  Because lets face it nobody was willing to volunteer there time to help you . So GET OVER IT!!! and move on. If you think the event would  be a goer, and you defiantly have the financial means to back this type of event, why haven't you got an event going and organised it yourself?  Let lets face it, Dusty with help from Aub and only a small amount of help from me, was able to do LapZ 2 years running. Stop bitching and organise an event yourself!!!

Regarding the Future of the Nationals, if enough ZCCQ members are willing to volunteer there time to run a Nationals in whatever format, i cant see why it wont happen. But lets face it if nobody from the ZCCQ is willing to volunteer there time to organise a Nationals  then i guess we wont be doing it!

There are a fair few people in the club Jason who had experience with organising the last Nats at Morgan Park, whatever was said as far as I can tell being involved again in organising a Nat type event was the main problem. Being involved in organising a Nats type event simply burns the limited number of organisers available out.

Personally as far as circuits go I can't see that MP has any advantage over Lakeside at all and, as has been demonstrated with LapZ, the organising aspect is greatly reduced although it is still considerable.  So your event stands a better chance of being a goer at Lakeside Jason. Go with the flow mate.

Hey Guys,

Not to take away from the discussion, but I'm trying to make plans for a visit for the nationals next year and was wondering if any planning had started. Read the thread and it looks a bit bleak, but if it went ahead, any idea on WHEN it might go ahead?

Last time (2007) I was able to tie the trip in with the PI historics, so I left the car and just flew over twice in the month. Something like that again would seal the deal for me to make another trip to a great event.

I hope the event doesn't die, I know my dad and I had a HUGE time in 2007 coming across the plain to see and meet everyone.

The thread is not bleak , just a little head butting going on . Nothing to worry about.

NDSOC will host the next NDN in 2013 .What this topic is about is what form they will take in the future .At present the NDN's are hosted to a degree (around 75%) by Z based car clubs and the NDSOC. All eastern sea board clubs.There is no reason why they could not be hosted in SOUTH AUST or Western Australia. The Eastern Sea board states now have 3 to 4 events each under their belts  . So the appeal to attend for some members is not so high any more. But an event held in the other States. Now that would have appeal. Imagine 70+ Z's together across the plains at the same time or 300+ Nissan -Datsuns .It would have to be a photo from space . Or put us all on the train to Perth . That could be a party. There is also no reason it has to be held at Easter.

Guys

Be assured that the 2013 NDN will go ahead as planned, the NDSOC has the committee (and the financials) committed to organising a great event, at this stage we are aiming for a format as per 2007 ............the challenge at the moment is getting P.I to lock in our request for the track which they will not do until end of this year.

And yes I agree it would be great to see another state host an event (SA where are you??) .............I think WA would be great however the distance will be the real challenge in attracting East coast entries.

cheers

Al.

Lifer

NDSOC 

• 3 months later...

Guys

Good news

The NDSOC committee have secured Phillip Island for the 2013 Nationals, format at this stage will be the same as 2007

Commencing Friday 29th March 2013

Good Friday - registration and welcome BBQ (evening)

Sat - P.I Sprint (with a navigation rally/cruise for those not into track stuff)

Sunday Concourse along the Cowes foreshore .

Monday - fareweel breakfast

A big thanks to the the hard work put in by Karyn (VP NDSOC) for negotiating with P.I management.

The NDSOC will now be putting a subcommittee together to start on the detailed planning of the event (there is much to do in the next 10 months), for anyone wanting to assist please contact me . 

cheers

Alan

lifer

NDSOC

That is good news Alan . The sooner all the details are out to clubs the better. Karyn has been working hard for guys for some time now if I am correct .Perhaps a life membership is in order if she doesn't have one already.