253 into 260z

Z8253

thanks mate the old z cars rock i love them. Ive got the motor n trans in that was easy the shifter on the 253 trans sits under the dash of my z bout1 foot away from the Zs original hole for the shifter and i was wondering if any of u guys would know how to make up a linkage set up or some idea to make it come out of the original hole? or any ideas would be great?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK the linkage on all auto like that can be lengthened .. mount the shifter where it feels right for you and make a rod that extends the original linkage,,, remember if it gets in the way move it ... that's the way to make it happen .....what i mean is if you have to cut or weld just do it ,,,,,, the linkage can be as long as you need it. just make it longer it wont Chang the way it works

these shifters work well on the trimatic, but you need an extra bracket to suit (~$20 they charge). they have a long cable that does the shifting, so you can put the shifter whereever you want. and being ratchet style, it is good for burnouts :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HURST-PRO-MATIC-2-RATCHET-SHIFTER-ALT-B-M-PRO-RATCHET-/170397730398?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ac7f065e