Sign in to follow this  
peter mc

RB 28 BUILD

Looking good guys, glad to see it worked out.

What are you doing about pickup? External or will you lengthen the pickup, utilise the rb26 point and make more mods to the pan?

well i changed my mind and went external for the pickup ,there was no room in the sump so it was lots easyer to go external ,so i tapped the oil pump for dash 10 and made a hose to the sump ,and on the inside of the sump i made a pickup to -10 and welded it in the sump .... lots of hard work

post-2089-144023653871_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023653884_thumb.jpg

post-2089-14402365389_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023653897_thumb.jpg

Definitely a better way to go with the external pickup. This is what I was planning if I continued to use that pan. Should be able to put a full plate across the top of the sump now too.

Is that the original pickup tube that you used?

Good stuff Pete.

And a big + 1 for the external pickup. My brother had big drama with low oil pressure and high oil temps in his LJ Group Nc. Histericals meet at Sandown a few weeks back was his first run with the new external pickup and the M3 windage tray and both worked a treat. Oil pressure is great under all conditions and the lack of and temps are really good because the oil is no longer full of air which means the heat transfer to the cooler is what it should be!

See ya Saturday.

Loving your work as usual Pete, are they those 'yellow jacket' coil packs?  Any good?  They seem to be a lot more reasonably priced than splitfires.

you may be right there mate ,even with the 10in wheels it may be a hand full . Tom has done lots of work on the car big brakes and nice suspension, will be lots of fun to drive at the track

It will be massive effort to keep it in a straight line and finish a lap..I don't think they can time a lap of tyre smoke!