Sign in to follow this  
peter mc

RB 28 BUILD

HI Tom

We will be running a drain on the rear of the head as well as the mods to the block to get the oil back in the sump .i will show the oil mods this week as i do them

post-2089-144023650522_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023650527_thumb.jpg

Hey Pete, is that the oil return fitting that Spool make for the back of the head?  Good thing?  Looking forward to seeing the oil mods.

Pete,

One of the spare heads I picked up had a pressed in -10 fitting and I thought the bottom of the opening was a bit high to be real effective. Was considering welding a box around the welsh plug like this but a little less intrusive.

bbrear.jpg

What are your thoughts?

Brad

yep iv seen that more than once  ;D the kits you can buy all do the same thing but you should do the head and block first. the back of the 26 head needs some work to get the oil back in the sump will post some pics this week

It would be a shame to have all this bling hidden inside an engine block, so I reckon this would make a neat coffee table.

I have a nice piece of clear glass that could sit over the head. pm if interested!

Either that or we can machine up a block made of perspex so that all the good bits can be seen.

Thanks for the pictures of the head Pete. I will have to take another look at the head on my bench. It looks like it was just the two drains at the rear of the head that you did.

It's the cylinder head Dowel.

Makes it easier to align the head onto the block & helps head-to-block stability.

update time

i have the short motor built . will start putting the head together tomorrow now all the parts are hear, the specs on the head have changed , it now has cosworth springs and ti valve retainers from tomei good for 10,000rpm and 35psi and the cam specs are now 11mm lift

post-2089-144023652186_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023652209_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023652217_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023652223_thumb.jpg