Sign in to follow this  
peter mc

L28T build

well its all back together

mods iv done wile the engine was apart ,iv done the water mods to the top of the p90 and put a -6 water bleed on the rear of the head .

i also re honed the block with a torque plate and set the clearance to 4.5th, i also re decked the block and head to get a better  Finnish , and had the crank polished to ,,, I'm happy now  ;D just have the water and oil lines to do now

post-2089-144023673109_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023673117_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023673125_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023673133_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome Peter.

There must be more XF throttle bodies on other cars, then there are ford falcons these days.

Oh and wont the air come out of those holes in the bottom of the plenum chamber???????? ;D

So that -6 fitting going from the turbo to the back of the block is a coolant line right?

I run a small water line from under thermo housing, around front of head, along under spark plugs and into back of head near  no 6 plug, ie a heater bypass, othetwise they can hotspot back around 6

Well  Simon its because the engines now have stepped up a notch or two  in spec and Finnish ,thanks to Les ... iv picked up so much in a short time ,all we do is think up new ways to make L series go faster.

SO  to answer your question Simon it can be done very easy as your head gasket can be re used ... and it would be a good thing to do

If that was mine, I'd have the exhaust and wastegate exit separately from just under the front guard...that's just me...hehehe looks great!

Its mild steel , that will be hpc black like the turbo ,

i have also removed the inlet manifold as i was not happy with its finnish , it was so ugly it needed some love , its coming up nice now

Well this thing is just about done now we had to re do all the ECU side of things as its running a CDI ignition so we upgraded the lume and distributor and coil pack ,, MAN this thing looks cool . i fitted the coil pack to the rocker cover and soft mounted it as per Autronic instruction 

post-2089-144023686196_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023686205_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023686212_thumb.jpg

things are moving along now Aaron the engine is fitted to the dyno stands now , i will be having some time off over the next few days for a small opp  :'( be back at work soon i hope