Removing fibreglass from skin

53-681

Hello guyz,

have any of you talented zedstaers ever had experience with removing fibreglass from skin???

If so, what is the best approach?

I've got an optometrist appointment in 10mins and I just want to make sure that I don't rub my fibreglass infested hands to my face/eyes again.... Should I walk around with goggles perhaps???

pb_024_riddick_kneel.jpg

what i use is a wax kit. you use you misses bikini wax removal kit it will remove the fiber from your skin, but it sounds like this car may kill you  :o ::)

Ahaha yeah, but I'd rather die driving it than in the process of restoring it :P :P

How about that L28 44mm tripple weber, twin turbo setup bro :D :D

I want to win the 2012 November cosplay competition so I could go comic-con

Sam

Old panel beaters trick for you.

Get some latex gloves and fill them with Vaseline, then tonight put them on when you go to bed and tape the tops around your wrists.

By the morning it should have released any fibreglass resin and material off.

Cheers

John

Think Bro Flexzed has first dibs he offered $200 a few weeks ago.

Naaa I offered him $200. Peter Mc offered me $200 for my dashboard.

Just sell me the car for $50.00 and we will all be happy  ;D

I can give you the exhaust fume for that price :P

Seriously Sam

The Vas does work, Spamaster (Bruce) used to make fibreglass Spa baths, even he will tell you it does.

The vas will soften the pours in your hands and allow the fibres to work themselves out while you sleep.

Isnt that right Bruce?

Seriously Sam

The Vas does work, Spamaster (Bruce) used to make fibreglass Spa baths, even he will tell you it does.

The vas will soften the pours in your hands and allow the fibres to work themselves out while you sleep.

Isnt that right Bruce?

Is it also safe for my eyes bro?

I just came out of Eye and Ear hospital in Gisborn St today and they also couldn't find anything in my eyes...

I'm still paranoid though - I will use the vaso trick!

Sam

You may have had fibres there which would have scratched the lenses, same thing happens with steel shards, even after they are gone there is pain due to these abbrasions, but you dont know what pain is till you have MIG flash burns and your eyes feel and ache like someone chucked buckets of sand in your eyes.

Its like sunburn and the pain and grit feeling is the eyes actually losing a layer of membrane as a result.

Yup, mig flash burns is up there with welding in shorts, squatting and unintentionally realizing after several hours you UV burned the a$$hole out of your inner thighs.

THAT is a painful recovery....

All i can suggest with your eyes is to relax, if you have scratched them (it sounds like you have) all you can do is rest, avoid straining them, so no tv, computer, reading ect ect.

Best bet is just to sleep. It'll take a couple of days to heal.

Nothing worse than a scratched eye !!  We have all had one.  ???

I went out with a beauty therapist once and she said that the cucumber trick helps with a scratched eye too.  Anyone else heard this?  ;D

Vaseline + cucumber = pimped out eye !!

Nothing worse than a scratched eye !!  We have all had one.  ???

I went out with a beauty therapist once and she said that the cucumber trick helps with a scratched eye too.  Anyone else heard this?  ;D

Vaseline + cucumber = pimped out eye !!

I used to use a desert spoon of yogurt, close each eye and just scoop it on, but you need the firm type like "Jalna" that way its not runny