Sign in to follow this  
zzzzed

out side the box 240z..

I found this one for sale in my home town, Yeh its a little different so ill leave it up to you to work out if you like it or not..

The guy who built it styled it off a bowell.. hmmm. hence the frog mouth front end.. he replaced and lengthened the chassis rails. from what i can see there is a small bubbles of rust on the passenger rear wheel arch. other than that the boddy seamd good.

the interia as been totally re trimmed in black..

The drive train made me alittle sad :'( Its powered buy a mild holden 202 red motor coupled to a 240k 5 speed. the good part it it has commodore 5 stud conversion all round..

the price????

$25,000 ono     

if any one is interested i can pass on some details

IMG_10721.jpg

IMG_10711.jpg

sorry my car got in the way..

IMG_10691.jpg

I like the back of it  ;D

Nothing some front end panels couldn't fix.

I shouldn't talk but the motor would have to go, and if its as good structurally as you say it is Mick, think at least $10K would have to be cut off that price tag.

By the way Mick, why are you hiding your work in progress, time for an update dont you think?

yes I did my best to hold my toung when he opened the bonnet.. 25k is a bit optimistic and yes all the front end mods are reverseable He informs me he cut out a lot of rust and replaced it with metal

I've had a bit to do with Bolwell cars, but when this cropped up, to say it is styled on a Bollie, is an abberration, it must have been a pretty well stuffed in the front 240 with no motor able to be sourced to go for this front end and a GM red donk.

The front opening is too narrow, Bollwell's were much wider, this looks more like a old Triumph tr or Bug eye Sprite!

By the way Mick, why are you hiding your work in progress, time for an update dont you think?

nothing to report just yet.. I have done the first block down of the primer and am now waiting for the boss to do a reprime before i do the final block down..

Plus the car fund has been put on hold for the next few months as i am in the process of buying a new house with a nice big shed so i need to hold on to every penny till we are settled in

I'd definitely remove those front panels and replace with the stock front end. The motor well.....I've drive a mates VC commodore and that had the single carb. Compared with the L-series it did not feel like a motor that liked to rev. Very sluggish, not sure how they were in the Torana but I wasn't very impressed.

L-series are dirt cheap anyway so he must have just preferred the Holden engine?

This car got me looking up Bolwell Nagari's - always liked the look / shape of them and especially the fact that they were Aussie built cars in Victoria.

Found some cool stuff...

http://www.madwhips.com/bolwell-nagari-coupe/

Any idea what they are worth today? I kind of want 1 lol...

Holden red six????? Ive heard of backwards engineering but that's ridiculous! Each to his own I guess.

Holden red six????? Ive heard of backwards engineering but that's ridiculous! Each to his own I guess.

Maybe attempting a RETRO RB33 ?

I see there is Ferrari 250 GTO Look Alike - 240z Project Kit Car on ebay at the moment. I looked at one of these years ago for sale in Gold coast a high end car sales had it for 60k, at the time I thought it was a great idea, and had thoughts my self doing the same, thinking a 240z would never really be worth much , but doing this it would, What are your thoughts on these kit cars, They don't seem to sell well in other cars.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190572170060