Sign in to follow this  
ZD44TT

How do I adjust Idle?

the screw at the top centre in that pic, just to the right of the hose. i have my car idling a bit under 600rpm i think

the screw at the top centre in that pic' date=' just to the right of the hose. i have my car idling a bit under 600rpm i think[/quote']

legend!! thanks.........your car rocks!!

just did it.........purllls like a BEASTO!!! : )..............seems to like it around 800rpm. maybe thats worth 50km from a full tank.......have to wait n see.

i know my car rocks hehe

driving in peak hour everyday drops about 50kms off the amount i get from a tank, but i guess it depends how much other driving i do to really be able to understand the full effect it has...

one of my managers has one of those TDI golf's and he gets 900km's from $60 of deisel...does anyone know if hte ld28's are more fuel efficent? lol

well ive got an LD28 crank 8) and i dont get at all good effeciency. but im guessing there'd be too many variables at play for that to mean anything. a tune may fix my effeciency to a degree though... hmmm...

Is this the only screw to adjust idle, my z idles about 1200rpm at the moment but backing off that screw won't do anything as its not touching the plate anyway.

haha, my idles so lumpy its awesome!

ranges between 500Rpm and 1.100Rpm! Sits there rocking around VROOM..VROOM..VROOM up and down every few seconds haha.

EDIT: william when did you get another Z???

You may have to adjust the screws that adjust the butterfly in each carb; they are near the base where the carb bolts to the manifold. Its a small screw with a spring under it. But you will need a balancer as well as that screw adjusts the airflow through each carby. If you loosen them both equally, you may get away with it.

You may have to adjust the screws that adjust the butterfly in each carb; they are near the base where the carb bolts to the manifold. Its a small screw with a spring under it. But you will need a balancer as well as that screw adjusts the airflow through each carby. If you loosen them both equally, you may get away with it.

Thanks, I think I'll duck down to DJM to get Daniel to quickly do it otherwise I'll probably stuff it up.

EDIT: william when did you get another Z???

Looks like no one reads the date of the post..The Question's over 2 years old

How do I adjust Idle?

« on: March 14, 2007, 10:11:04 AM »