A reminder about forum policy

There is heaps better to talk about , how about we help " luvemfast " with his premature sex problem...not a great moniker/post name Simon :)

Steeeve

You promised you'd never bring that up in public......

It normally never happens........

someone pass the tissues!

Damnit, not again......

Someone pass the tissues!  :-[

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't even look at Karma. I didn't even notice that I have 1 Karma, thanks whoever did that. I'm pretty sure I've never written anything helpful to anyone on this forum lol.

This forum has generally a more mature and sensible group of regular posters than on other forums. Most information posted is reliable, and when there is a disagreement it is probably cause there is no right or wrong answer.

For that reason, it really doesn't make a difference either way. People that are screaming for Karma to be scrapped are probably butt hurt that they have a lower Karma per Post ratio than someone else.

My perception of this forum is that unfortunately it seems to have become more about a small group of members egos and less about a common interest in cars. Which is a terrible shame as I have received some great information from here in the past for which I am very thankfull and hopefully some of my posts have provided a little assistance to others.

This is evident in the way some of the new members have been responded to on introduction (okay maybe their literacy skills let them down but who are we to judge?).

Maybe it is because I am probably older than many of the other members but I have no time for games such as karma, flaming, blatant rudeness and whatever else people want to go on with.

Which is why I don't post that often anymore. At the start of the year I started to understand that I was turned off by the way this site was going when I realised I now lived within easy travelling distance from Thredbo and had the time but found excuses for myself not to go and meet others there  because I was uncomfortable as I thought I would be an outsider in clicky ego driven group.

I have probably vented more than enough so I will leave it there.

Regards

Peter

I knew only around half of the people at Thredbo, but consider them all friends now, maybe you should try turning up and meeting them, then if you still feel the same way, don't come.  I think that's actually a bit unreasonable.  Nearly every Canberra member turned up to my wedding to drive for my party, none of them asked for anything in return.  I am yet to meet a person on this forum who I haven't thought highly of. 

I just suggest meeting them before judging them.

I now lived within easy travelling distance from Thredbo and had the time but found excuses for myself not to go and meet others there  because I was uncomfortable as I thought I would be an outsider in clicky ego driven group.

Thats your decision at the end of the day.

I think maybe a bad one? Due to my experiences going to meets, where EVERY guy who turns up in a Z gets greeted with a smile (Lurch isn't nearly as grumpy as he makes out) and interest shown in their cars.

Peter

Some valid points, but have to say that the vast majority of new members who do the right thing as far as a first post get well deserved welcome when they do join, yes a few have been hit up pretty quickly for not taking the time to consider why they have joined and blatantly just launch into a sales pitch about goods or services they have or can offer.

I'm pretty sure Loui will back me up as we joined around the same time, and are close to your age, I was very reluctant when I first joined about how I would be received, even my first outing was a bit bewildering not having my car on the road and meeting up with a well established crew of members, but I have to say that you need to put that all aside.

These types of threads such as the one we are posting in at the moment are basically pointless banter and off topic, however every single poster here no matter how out of left field the comments may be at the moment have contributed some fantastic knowledge and opinions that's scattered throughout the forum.

As far as missing Thredbo, I have to say you really did miss out, I wasn't there however I know these guys now and believe me when I say you would have been not only welcomed but felt right at home with them all, don't let Lurches avatar make you think that he is so in real life, he loves nothing less than having his hair straightened, fingers manicured and painted in a nice shade of Street girl red after a night on the turps.

Have been planning a trip to Bonegila for years as my parents were hauled up there for months when they first immigrated to Australia, hope I can buy you a beer if and when i get up there.

Cheers

John 

don't let Lurches avatar make you think that he is so in real life, he loves nothing less than having his hair straightened, fingers manicured and painted in a nice shade of Street girl red after a night on the turps.

(Lurch isn't nearly as grumpy as he makes out)

Damn

And we posted seconds apart

I think the first paragraph by Silverz is true, I don't post too much anyhow but have been put off when I read some of the comments posted about any member, no matter how wrong they are, that loser with the 240 front panels exempted!

The members who did wrong in this case probably know they should perhaps have brought it up with the Webmaster, it did not seem their right to take matters into their own hands from what I could tell.

I reckon think first, then post... Remember how many members read what you write and make their own judgement, far far more than who reply...

I am a daily Z forum deciple and this is a top little forum, it's awesome to share such a terrific car as the Z with dudes willing to help out with time, parts or advice!

Time for good Karma and teachings from the Lama  ;D

For anyone new, if it seems like we are tight knit community, we are...  Get involved and try and meet people, you will be welcomed!  Be negative about it and you will receive negativity, its no different to anything else in life.  I think its time to nip this thread in the bud.  It appears a majority vote to getting rid of it.

don't let Lurches avatar make you think that he is so in real life, he loves nothing less than having his hair straightened, fingers manicured and painted in a nice shade of Street girl red after a night on the turps.

(Lurch isn't nearly as grumpy as he makes out)

FFS you two anal-retentive bungholes - keep your damn fantasies about me to yourselves!!!

I knew only around half of the people at Thredbo, but consider them all friends now, maybe you should try turning up and meeting them, then if you still feel the same way, don't come.  I think that's actually a bit unreasonable.

I just suggest meeting them before judging them.

I think you have entirely missed the point. The way some people present themselves in their posts caused some reluctance in me wanting to meet them, just as the type of carry on identified and admitted to in this thread may well put others off. Which is very unfortunate if the members that do turn up really are the decent people you suggest.

For the sake of the website and the Z community you speak of get rid of this karma stuff, the insults and ridiculous inflammatory personal/non vehicle related comments.

Regards

Peter

To be honest, the worst thing about this forum is the people that complain about what the worst part of this forum is.

wait...

8)

Lol

Hey Gav, I think it's time to can this before it gets ugly. 8)

But what's going to entertain me then?

Do you really want me to talk to my wife?

That's crazy talk...... Are you crazy?

• Administrators

Say goodbye to bad karma. :).

Actually it's funny because the settings of the karma feature specifically references the popularity of a member. I think that might be the problem all along, it was viewed as a popularity contest and not a "thanks mate" that was helpful gesture.

24880_cc2aa2c6ec77ad0390494f9d23fd4a661314489e.png

Once upon a time I worked with a guy who emigrated from Russia to Australia somewhere around the 1960's.

His name was Wally Osl.......... (No need to mention it here. He can remain anonymous).

He was a chemist, but Australia did not recognise his degree in chemistry from 1960's Russia, so he did his degree again in Australia. I guess that's 2 degrees of chemistry....ha ha.

Anyway, one day Wally's 2 kids, 18 and 19 years old, were killed in a car crash.

It destroyed his life. The daughter was in the ballet academy. His son was first year at uni.

Wally often did the night shift at the oil refinery where we worked. On some nights he would collect the oil sample bottles from the production shift and there would be a small note attached.

..."Wally, keep smiling, 'cause there will always be better days ahead"...

..." Don't give up Wally, we are with you".....

...etc....

Years later I met the bloke who wrote those little notes and left them with the oil sample bottles. And I was with Wally when he told me that through the worst parts of that incident, those little notes gave him hope. Something to hold on to when there was nothing else.

Now take a note from me... Stop the tit for tat.... and get on with your lives and your zeds.....

Enough already.

God bless ya Wally. I'll never forget you.

Amen.

ps; Thanks Gav.

Now take a note from me... Stop the tit for tat.... and get on with your lives and your zeds.....

Enough already.

Well  said scottz and good story! I think a few of those getting disgruntled by the forum should try and look for the good. If you only want car stuff, don't read anything in the general discussion section. There is plenty of car stuff posted everyday. I honestly have been made to feel welcome by everyone. I just posted a brief intro yesterday, not really expecting any replies about my bucket of rust, but still people take the time to say hi and show interest in what you are doing. To me i cant see anything bad in being part of a group of people like that.

Good move gav.

I couldn't be happier now that the dreaded Karma is gone ,

BUT 

how about we have a nicest person  vote section instead ,

surely no one could be offended  or people abuse the voting system...lol

Vote for CHEV Z I reckon he's a top bloke , OK so I'm slightly biased and probably insane