bastards that broke in to my shed

peter mc

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the whole security thing, we have to remember that Pete worked on this scumbag's car in the past. That is how he knew Pete's address and the fact he was after Roberto's engine makes it sound very opportunistic. It does pay to be vigilant and conceal some details but sometimes it's almost impossible to prevent these things from happening.

This speculation is driving me nuts.

Lets get the facts right as Pete explained them to me

#1 This turd was/is a member on this forum who I assume has never posted

#2 Pete tuned his car over a year ago at his workplace.

#3 The turd admitted to Pete he was after Roberto's motor but went for 2nd best when motor wasn't found at Pete's place.

#4 Lady across the road identified the car he was driving and a description of him

#5 Pete woke up in the middle of the night and remembered he had worked on a car like that one and and the owner who matched the old ladies description.

#6 Pete got the details from work as to this guys address and spent some quality time with him a few hours later.

#7 THIS GUY WAS TRACKING THE PROGRESS ON ROBERTO"S MOTOR VIA THE FORUM !

Sadly now since this incident, there appears to have been less posts in the "Members Project(s) Journal" section.

If we feel reluctant to post information / pictures about projects, we can not learn from each other and offer each other support (which at times we all need with 30-40 year old cars).

I think that a locked section would restore some confidence in sharing our projects with the rest of the zed community.  If it can be done, it will have my vote.

• Administrators

Just back from a Holiday in Greece I will post some thoughts on the matter shortly in what appears to be a split thread here:

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9606.0.html

@Peter I'm sorry to hear that the thief was previously a guest on the site. Perhaps you can PM / Email me the user details (aka username)? Unless they were just a non-registered guest of the site?

How many posts did he have? I like the idea of a locked section. However with a post count you will exclude those that just keep up to date and don't post alot. Eg me while my zed is off the road and not much is happnening. I still love seeing some of the projects on the site, hearing about products for my zed ect. Making people post a certain amount before being allowed access is harsh. Think it took me 6 months to rack up six worthwhile posts. You don't want people to be posting up shit.

Think it took me 6 months to rack up six worthwhile posts. You don't want people to be posting up shiver.

Good point, there are going to be faults and a compromise.

Maybe a buddy system, where known and trusted members can sponsor or vouch for a new member?

Can new members show an act of faith by uploading their project, then they are allowed to see that section?

But, if there are people not value adding to the site........ is it going to be much of a loss?