Fuel Injector Size

datozed

Hi people, can anyone advise me on what size injectors I should run in 40mm I.T.B (EFI hardware)  Will be fitting them on my L28, has cam, ported-head extractors.  When this motor is fully developed hoping for 200 to 220 h.p.

Car is driven on the road and revved to 7000.  Wanting high impedance injectors about 14 ohms or higher.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

• Moderators

The injectors I bought from Steve are Bosch 250cc units and work very well. I'm getting around 250ish Hp with his 45mm itb's so they should be ok for your setup. Duty cycle hardly goes over 75%.

Thanks for the replies throttle bodies are already fitted with bosch 188 cc low impedance injectors which I believe are out of 280zx.  Think these are only capable of supporting about 180 hp.  So looking for an alternative high impedance injector to support 220+ hp.  I think injectors out of four litre ford six might be a compatible match.  I think they are high impedance bosch 21 pound but may have to change fuel rail as they are not hose-tail connection.

Any thoughts on this?

remember when you work out your 'ideal' injector size, you should try not to exceed 80% (or there abouts) duty cycle at full power.

Dont go too big though, it'll tend to make it bog down and splutter at low rpm, and you'll have trouble getting a smooth idle.

Vl commodore turbo injectors will replace the stock 280zx ones, flow approx 270 cc vs 180 cc, on stock computer it will run very rich, but play around with the signals going back to ecu fro the AFM the water temp and the air temp sensors, use variable resistors in the feeds and tune on dyne. Idle will need to be higher. I breathe through a stock single 48 mm diam tb, but it has been made bigger internally and has some mods to the way the air flows into it as well as inside the manifold. Way lease cost than a full 6 itb setup and just as fast, as some have found out!

all ready have the throttle bodies,  are vl injectors low or high impedance  ?. im wanting high impedance so i can pair the injectors up 2 per driver and not use any resistors using after market ecu . thanks for the info first time doing efi

• 1 month later...