A fuel tank or Art

PeterAllen

2 remarkable things here....

1st - great workmanship I haven't used this fabricator before but he came highly recommended - the price was very very reasonable

2nd - she let you bring the tank into the living room  :P She had no choice really, the study was full.

NZeder - I've removed the spare tyre well. The photos are from last week before the straps were made.

post-684-144023633251_thumb.jpg

post-684-144023633256_thumb.jpg

post-684-144023633262_thumb.jpg

Good memory Tim - I actually had to measure it again today to confirm 47 litres. The LS1 in a 1700kg Ute gets around 13.5 lts/100km on a road test and that would give me around 350km/ tank. I'm hopeful that the same LS1 in an 1100kg S30 could give around 10-11 lts/100km and that equates to around 450 km/tank. It will not be a daily drivers so I think it will work out okay.

Blessed are the Pacemakers...  No offence intended, Rev et. al.

post-684-144023633297_thumb.jpg

Hmmm I think your car will still be around the 1200-1300kg mark.

As for fuel economy it depends on how much your motor is worked and how hard you drive it of course. I have a 95litre tank and still lucky if I get 450klms on a tank. Only 250klms on a tank at the race track. Ha

So add a bit of a buffer in on your estimates for now. Remember that twin exhaust system won't be light. Then other upgrades if not already done like brakes, diffs, drive shafts, gear box's etc. Will add over 150kg to your car.  8)

Craig - Good points and the wire wheels weigh a tonne as well.

The LS1 install (alloy block, etc) is claimed to add only 15kg over the standard S30 (1044kg). I have an all fibreglass front and the fibreglass doors with sliding perspex windows are an enormous weight saving. It will be interesting to see the final weight - if ever I get the thing finished!

• 3 weeks later...