Aimbots RB25det powered Zed

Hi All,

I had spent about an hour writing an introduction, When my computer crashed and i lost my words for this thread. So now it will be the nutshell version.

The current build time is 4.5 years and it has not been driven in this time. I decided to go the complete re build before i even began to modify it. The original engine was dead so i opted for a series 2 RB25det as a replacement. Fun idea at the time. With little knowledge on Zeds and Rb engines it was always going to be a challenge. And i was rite.

They say good things come to those who wait, Wait i have, worked i have, Spent !! I've done lots of that.

Everything on the car has been either re built, replaced or modified.

Suspension is new, replaced with pedders shocks and swaybars to complement the king springs.

Brakes have been done with the favoured hilux set up with rear disk brake conversion.

All rubbers, bushes, ball joints, rack ends and everthing in the middle has been replaced.

Way to much to write, but being a bit of a fabricator myself and my best friend the Auto elec we set to the task of putting in the RB25det. And all else that goes along with that, being

Upgraded fuel system, Much easier to re fabricate the tank to take in internal pump then stuff around with surge tanks and the like.

R200 viscous Diff,

Custom tail shaft and CV shafts.

And a few other bits and pieces, It is almost done. Will be going on the the engineer again in the next week or so once i get the car completely back together from the repaint.

I look forward to meeting some fellow ZED owners at an event sometime soon.[/img]

post-2527-144023626224_thumb.jpg

post-2527-144023626253_thumb.jpg

post-2527-144023626274_thumb.jpg

post-2527-144023626296_thumb.jpg

very nice..How wide are your front rims? They look like 9.5" ?? 

There 9" on the front and 9.5" on the rear. Have to put some stock wheels and tyres for engineering but. Pain in the a@&%.

It is a massive engine bay, Intercooling pipework eats a bit of it up though.

Iphone cameras only produce a certain quality, thats for sure. When i get it out on the road ill be sure to take some better pics with the DSLR. The engine bay has been done silver to frame the engine a bit better. Make it pop, so to speak. its a bit of a shock to people that dont know what is under there when they see it.

It will be worth all the effort in the long run, Then begins the real modification process. starting with coil overs and adjustable lower control arms, camber plate too most likely.

For the moment i just want to enjoy in a bit though. It was last registered on the 4.6.01 so will be 10 years to the day for its first legal drive. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the commet on the paint work and engine bay, I painted it myself in the gagage at home. It is amazing what a jet fire heater and some extraction fans can do for a garage re spray. I will admit the bonnet does not look close to that as it is bent. The engine bay was easy after we removed everthing and only replaced what i needed Need a new one, but very happy with the rest of the car !!

I had the thought of doing the inlet, Cash has ran tight and some things will have to wait.

What sort of numbers are you getting from the RB25det in your Zed ? any mods or computer to speak of ?

Well I have it on a low boost and it is only running 200rwkw, but with all the mods I have done, I could easily push 300, but I want the engine to last a while.  I think I'll turn the boost up a little to get about 230kw.  I have done Sard 550cc Injectors, BOV, front mount intercooler, 3 inch exhaust, rebuilt with standard internals, N1 oil pump with JUN collar, intake at the front of car, tuned length manifold, highflowed turbo with VG30 exhaust housing and steel wheel, Autronic SM4 computer and a few others I have probably forgotten lol

even with 200rwkw it would still be fun to drive, apart from intercooler, dump pipe, Pod filter, AFM z32, 3" exhaust mine is pretty much stock. Got an RB 30 sitting at a mates place, just need to go pick it up and give it to a friend to re bulid the bottom end. I definatly need a computer. have you ran the quarter mile ?

200 is a lot of fun, but i use to run 250 and it was scary fast, i just feel i have more grip available before i break traction, so there would be more speed. No I haven't.  I should do it though.  I have a G-tech which would give me an idea.  The computer was so worth it, everything is just easy to do now and the wiring is a lot more reliable than spliced looms etc. 

I know what ou mean in terms of looms, we ended up just running to seperate looms. One for the engine and the stock loom for starter, alt etc. since i chaged all the gauges most of the "splicing" is under the dash. Thankfully my best mate is an auto elec, saved many hastles. I cant wait to drive it. is getting the new cv and tail shaft set up on monday. Then its all drive time. ;D

Well CV's have been a pain, I opted for a viscous LSD, has different input shafts to all other R200, No standard kit will work. didn't figure that out until after i had it re built. Taking it to a shop for nice new custom setup. just tell them i want to be able to buy the spares, and it has to handle 500 RWHP. see what they come up with. tail shaft will just be shortened R33.

Whatare you using ? have you had any issues ? after reading on here i think i may have to get adjustable lower control arms as well. will have to see what issues i have when its on the road.

Not to many i hope

I am using the Wolf Creek racing kit.  They are ok, but the CVs are a bit cheap and have to be regreased every once in a while, but so far they have been good.  Apparently you can change the CVs for Porsche ones and they are a lot better.  I'm not sure what my tailshaft is to be honest.

As for the diff, I have a cusco 2 way LSD from an R33 in the longnose, but use the original input shafts that had the same spline count.  It's a wicked setup, but I the 2 way is a bit over board.

Well tomorrow is my zeds D Day, finally going in for its cv and tail shaft set up, Hopfully have it back on saturday, then for a sneaky drive around the local back streets. I really hope it all goes well, cant take to many more hits with this project. I just want to drive the fkn thing.

I cant wait, I'm in Bangkok in the next few weeks and have organized a trip to a performance shop for RB gear. I see a new inlet plenum with fuel rail and 90mm  throttle body in my future. Then ill really need a CPU. What did your CPU setup cost you ? is it a piggy back or stand alone ? I'm not sure which way to go as I'm not sure if ill need launch control in the future, i think it would be a good idea to at least have the option, but for an extra $800 I'm not sold.

I cant f*#$en wait to get it on a track. so envious of all who can actually drive there cars. Where abouts are you located sco_aus ?