Sign in to follow this  
620Z

Diff mount upgrades - R200

I think it is from memory Evan, drop in and have a look at mine if you like, the cars in Clayton for the time being.

lol, the sad thing about that idea is that pictures my car so i've got nothign to drive really till its back together, although shouldn't take long now. had to wait for a hand to put the other diff in place but now i just need some time to do everything back up :D i guess those screws aren't that hard to get to with all the other stuff in place so i can just do it later on

nah nah easier whilst its out.

when your tailshaft sway bar if u have one is in its a bit of a pita and thats from up on the hoist experience!!! lol.

just finshed puting my 200 lsd in and had similar dramas, the route im going is not the chain however, i think i posted a pic earlier in this thread of the dir im going!!

is very simple and practicle.

nah nah easier whilst its out.

when your tailshaft sway bar if u have one is in its a bit of a pita and thats from up on the hoist experience!!! lol.

just finshed puting my 200 lsd in and had similar dramas, the route im going is not the chain however, i think i posted a pic earlier in this thread of the dir im going!!

is very simple and practicle.

Im pretty sure i paid about $60 for a front billet mount that bolts straight on and works awsome. one piece and 3 bolts. I dont think i could trust a chain, but having said that i guess my car has a little more torque than stock. any of the V8 guys here using the chain method?

yeah the rear sway bar is a pain to put back in huh, still have painful memories from doing the clutch lol, however it would b somehow possible to get to the screws i circled without taking the bar off?

well i'm up for doing anything kind of modifaction thats going to help if its <$100 especially, where abouts did you get the thing from sco? i dont think i'm really going to have that big an issue as my car isn't really producing great amounts of power at all....and i want to put it back in this week, well asap really, just i didn't have a chance tonight as i worked late...

Umm, it was a while ago and from the states on ebay. ill see if i can find something about it.

hmmm as sad as it is i'll just leave it for now, spent a good couple of hours on it tonight coz i'm an idiot :oops: i didn't check if the flange's were the same off the front of the diff so had to take it back out and spend an hour or so bashing a lever to undo the nut that holds them on...but atleast i'm getting faster at taking out the diff, and i have all the tools out which is normally about the slowest part of the process for me

does anyone know off the top off there head what thread size the mounting bracker bolts are? as it might be easier than jacking my car back up lol.

looks good, pity i dont have a welder, and have never welded anything in my life...lol, this is where the chain would come in handy for me, i'm wondering if the idea is to mount it to the two screws underneath the front bar thats under the diff

the chain idea can be used in a couple of ways.

You weld the chain links to the 2 round sleeves shown in the link above (what holds the rubber strap). and bolted to the body like normal.

or if you can source chain with decent size links, can bolt directly to the larger bolt goes front back without the sleeve, or even diectly to the 4 smaller mounting bolts, would prefer the bigger one but.

nato

the diffs in now :D i'll go back at some stage and put in a chain, so thanks for the info nato. on the bottom of the bar closer to the front of the car that holds up the diff i have a small plate (which i cannot see what it does) thats held on with two bolts, i was thinking of buying two longer bolts and connecting a chain on there as that way it will be easier to insure that the chain is tight, and that way the plate would b spreading the force on the chain across the bar a bit, where replacing the rubber strap with a chain it doesn't seem like you'd be able to get it as tight?