AusZcar Cheaper By the Dozen Day!

reverendzed

Ok guys! Let's see what a mobilised bunch of passionate ZED HEADS can accomplish in a weekend!  As a result of the fun, innovative ideas, motivation and BS that comes about everytime we all get together at a 'workshop Day', Sirpent (John) has come up with a brilliant idea of how we can 'pay forward' some of the assistance we have all received as a result of being a part of the AusZcar family.

If we can get a dozen guys to put in a dozen hours helping Simon (Maygz) to get his 240z further down the 'resto road' we have the potential of seeing Simon at a cruise this side of 2012!

if you have experience in panel work, motor work, brakes, general disassembly/reassembly or you can hold a sander, hold a spanner or hold a conversation then why not sign up here and see if we can get this day/s happening.  Who knows  if we get enough experienced hands we may do another Zed at the same time and if the 'cheaper by the Dozen Day' works out you may be a beneficiary next time!!!!!

Possible dates are May 14/15 or May 21/22

O.K Start Listing if you are coming, any specific skills and what tools you can bring.  We will update specific tasks here.

1. Sirpent (John)

2. Zedman (Dimitri)

3. Rev  (Dave)

4. Bruce (The other Bruce)

5. Scoota G (Mark)

6. Lurchos (Locky)

7. Mossy - maybe

8. OldZman (Loui) - Maybe

9. Madz (Jane)

10. Peter Mac (Peter!)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me - Rust repairs, Panel forming & welding.

Jane (maybe) - holding a conversation.

I vote for a weekend after the 21/22 May - & I sure Simon may need some more notice to organise his work shift roster.

John =

Baron of Bog,

Panel Prep and Priming Pimp

Will bring down assortment of applicable hand and power tools and maybe Loui if he can get his hinny down from Sydney.

Guys really sorry I would love to be part of this. BUT I have no chance of getting off for a weekend in the next couple of weeks. As it is I have to work over Easter. I have a bloody stupid deadline for a film I'm working on. Someone please take some video. Sounds like it will be an awesome weekend. :'(

Cheers Matt

Sierra Charlie Oscar Oscar Tango Alpha, Any and all of the above. Maybe bodywork welding. Perhaps we could get some video and do a bit of a Overhaulin Type show?

Great Idea Scoot with time lapse maybe also.............

We could call ourselves "Z Force"

Put me down for a maybe, at the moment I've got my body repair guy at my house almost every weekend (just started) so I'll try and fit this in.

Skills: I can hold a spanner and turn it in the required direction, I can also dissasemble a z and forget where things go ;)

Great Idea Scoot with time lapse maybe also.............

We could call ourselves "Z Force"

the vision of seeing you guys with spandex tights and a Z on your chest  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

count me in for now and will try and get down there, i can make sure the beer is cold and cook a BBQ

Loui

the vision of seeing you guys with spandex tights and a Z on your chest  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

count me in for now and will try and get down there, i can make sure the beer is cold and cook a BBQ

Loui

"Up and Atom Atom Boi !"

post-1356-144023621251_thumb.jpg

Perhaps we could get some video and do a bit of a Overhaulin Type show?

You guys say that every single time you have a day like this but most we ever get to see is a couple of happy snaps. :'(

Great idea though.

Should be able to come a long and I make good coffee and good at geting things  ???

Ive seen you work with a jack, very impressed!

Has the door flung open yet?

Guys,

I've had a look at the calender and I've come up with 14-15 MAY.

I hope that suits everyone.  If it just doesn't suit, I may be able to find another one.

BBQ's for lunch on both days a pub on Saturday night and Billy's bringing eggs from the farm for bacon and eggs on Sunday morning.

Plenty of room to sleep here, but you will need to bring your own bedding and lilo (or similar).  For those that can't sleep on the floor, there is a motel just around the corner.  I'll get the details if anyone needs it.

There will be lots of body work to do and and some minor stripping of the parts car and parts cleaning. 

It is my greatest dream (other than people getting along with each other - world peace) that at the end of the w/end the shell is ready for paint!

There may be some free parts for those that can make it.

Please bring your own safety gear as I don't have enough for everyone.  I've only got one welding helmet, so if you'll be doing some welding please bring yours, and some gloves.  I don't have many bodyworking tools so please bring some of those if you have them.  I should be OK for handtools, unless you know of a special tool we might need that I'm not likely to have.

It can get a bit cold down here so bring some warm clothes.  Bairnsdale isn't a fancy town (just a little bit shmancy), so you wont need fancy clothes for the pub.

Rev will PM my address to everyone who can come.  I hope to see lots of you come, not just for the work, but it will be great to catch up with you all, especially the bloke from Sydney - you know who you are!!