redrbzed

Some more aero mods to the Zed

I reckon the vents look great.  I've got a couple of small vents in the same spot and they work a treat.  When I blew a head gasket once before, the water from the overflow sucked out of the vents so hard it was going over the roof!

Hi Gareth,

Yes it is a one off, I bought the vents from a different mob and had Fraser fit them to one of his bonnets that was specially reinforced at my request.

cheers,

Sinisha

Purchased a set of G-nose head light covers from Mark Clapp a few weeks ago, finally had some time to work on them.

Needed to trim a fair bit of plastic to make them fit but here they are. Haven't decided how to mount them to the body yet.

post-464-144023689121_thumb.jpg

post-464-144023689127_thumb.jpg

Had some more mods done, this time the work was on the air intake ducting to the intercooler and radiator.

Andrew at Trackart did the work, he made a sealed duct that holds the intercooler and has a flap which allows the bonnet to open, this was to optimise the air flow.

See link for a series of pictures as the work progressed. This should also improve the effectivness of the front aero bits.

Hey Sinisha, just found this thread - great work

Do you have contact details for Mark Clapp? - I need some of those headlight covers.

What did it cost to replace your rails?

cheers

Tom

Hi Sinisha,

Thought this might be of interest to you. Some guys from HybridZ put a zed in a wind tunnel and tried a bunch of different configurations posted the results on the forum over there.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MikekellyBKA2005/videos

This the data:

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/55944-windtunnel-test-data/

Vents look awesome, has a Dodge Viper feel about it. If it helps get the heat and built up air out of the engine bay I'm all for it. Thus the reason for me using the fluted 260z bonnet.

I am with six shooter some video footage would awesome I sure - get a gopro