Exotic ! Z for sale

Sirpent

• Administrators

interior looks "plush" :)

That's 1 way to describe it. Actually the interior (excluding the dash) is not that bad.

It's like making a VW Beatle  into a Porche, WHY !!!!!!!

Kit cars don't really float my boat either, but sometimes the real deal is not obtainable. Like the Daytona Coupe or Ferrari GTO, Shelby Cobra. You just can't get them so your only choice is a copy.

I like it but it look so wrong to me  ???

Why do you like it if it looks wrong? :) Seriously though it looks wrong to me too, I've seen better but it looks incomplete at the same time.

For me this car is not my cup of tea the proportions just look odd and if you are going to do a GTO go with the classic Ferrari red, not black.

In my opinion he's asking too much also.

Yes the proportions just don't quite look right, as the wheelbases are different, but it's a brave attempt! There were only 39 of the originals built, so multi-million $ cars now. They were painted various colours actually, red, black, yellow, white.

I've seen a convertible 'GTO'd Zed conversion in the flesh, actually looked pretty good; especially as it did away with the hatchback which is so obviously not Ferrari. Much is in the detail as in how to finish the f/glass edges, like any kit car.

The GTO kits have new door skins & rear guards bonded on, with modern urethane adhesives I wouldn't like to try & remove them!

Well I don't mind it. To all you knockers it's a real bargain. I reckon he would have spent at least 50K on that car. So for the people on here owning a 5-10 Zed I don't think it is really fare to have a crack at it. Even for a Zed with a full blown body kit it's still pretty nice. But obviously it's a personal choice to go down the road he has chosen. Not every ones cup of tea. But I can appreciate his work. Way better than some I have seen.

But as usual most of these builds go to long, cost too much and peoples lives change and they don't include their dream Zed which is only half finished. Shame he can't finish it. Someone stop talking and grab a bargain I reckon.

After all those comments ... I'm a bit scared to say that I am considering buying it!! I've approached the guy about what else is left to be done.

A similar one in red sold in Victoria a year or so ago for $40 000. And that only had an L28 motor.

I love the GTO lines but I won't be buying a real one any time soon ($15 million pounds for the one they had on Top Gear a while back) ... so a replica could be cool.

My only comment is that it is a bit of a sad loss of a 2 seater Z car ... I don't know what the base car was like before the conversion, but if it was decent it is a bit of a pity it is lost under all that fibreglass now.

A real pity a 260z 2+2 GTO kit doesn't exist.... I would feel much less bad about converting a 2+2.

Ross

Go for it I say Ross. Don't get to misty about the loss of a 2 seater. There are heaps of old rust buckets around. And I mean heaps. Problem is everyone wants to find a cheap two seater. It's only the price that is the problem these days. At least this one will live again in one form or another. The body work looks to be OK. Personally there is no way I would get one of these unless it had an 8cylinder in it. Doing them and leaving a 6 in sort of doesn't make sense to me. Go buy it and don't worry about what other people say. Like I said most of the knockers are driving around in Zed bombs that will never reach the standard of this. It's unique and sometimes it's nice to see what mods and dreams people have for their Zeds out side of the square.

Some people don't like my car because it has a V8 in it or the G-Nose. But that doesn't worry me. You get these cars for your self and your own enjoyment. It will turn heads, go pretty well and be unique. Plus all the hard work looks like it is done apart from registering it. Just do it!  :D

AussieZed, don't listen to any of these critic's (after all... "criticism comes cheaper than craftsmanship").Do what ur heart want's & not the dislikes of others. You will always get negative comments no matter what. Hell, I go to Z shows & hear all the negative comments even about unmolested Zed's let alone modified one's yet I see more of a crowd around a well built modified Z than that of a stoker. There were hundreds of thousands of Zed's made around the world so don't let that discourage u... I say go for it & all the best in finishing it.

I seem to remember back in the 80's or early 90's an American company offering conversions like this.  Known as Alpha 1 GTO's, quite a few were built with V8's

also, there was a guy in Sydney some years back, mid 90's I think  who had the kits made and fitted to Z's, I believe he bought the molds from someone in Melbourne.