Lap Times: Post your hp/kw and laptime PB's

ZD44TT

also theres a Lambo down here that would well and truely beat you around the carpark!! LOL

I didn't think it would be all that quick on a track, too heavy and not enough power.................Then I saw it in action at Symmons and was proven very very wrong!

yes I did fit the Silverstones, lots of grip!

Are those the super soft ones?  What were you running before?

The compound I got is the 5 which is middle of the range, there is a 3 and softest of all is a 1, the hardest is the 7.

I was told that the 3 compound is good for hillclimbs and the 1 for motokanas 

I was running some RE540S Bridgestones.

I run dunlop formula R "S"  the softer one, as we only do about 4 laps, but at phillip island on there test days where you get 7-10 laps, i run out of brakes before tyres.

I think they mean times around a race track not the local supermarket car park....also theres a Lambo down here that would well and truely beat you around the carpark!! LOL

oh ha ha ha numpty!!! read the tread 'post kw/hp!!!! and lap times:?

Bloody awesome time Sinisha. Man you have got that thing flying now. Gordon might just keep up with you in his GTR after his new suspension goes in. I think he did 1.23's the week before with stck suspension similer to Ben in his GTR. But you are the bench mark. Well done.

I hope to get back out there one day. Will probably wait for the summer months first.  ::)

Cheers

The compound I got is the 5 which is middle of the range, there is a 3 and softest of all is a 1, the hardest is the 7.

I was told that the 3 compound is good for hillclimbs and the 1 for motokanas 

I was running some RE540S Bridgestones.

So how much gain do you think you got roughly with the silverstones?  That's very interesting cause I can get Silverstones cheap.  I heard a good story about a guy running the softest Silverstones in a tarmac rally.  He went through several sets of tyres and they reckon it was near leaving rubber driving in a straight line  ;D  Was bloody quick though!

I was running Bridgestone 540's and then swithced to the 55's when they came out but I think the 540's were a better tyre.  I'm running the Dunlop DZ03G in the R compound now.  I'm pretty happy with them, about half a second a lap quicker than the Bridgestones.

I have lost about a second per lap, one proviso, my pressure gauge reads 2psi low (which I found out today!).

So I have yet to see their full potential, maybe another .5sec, which would put me in the 1.20's. something I have been aiming at for a long time. 

I have lost about a second per lap, one proviso, my pressure gauge reads 2psi low (which I found out today!).

So I have yet to see their full potential, maybe another .5sec, which would put me in the 1.20's. something I have been aiming at for a long time. 

Nice!  It's hard to judge the times being from interstate but I see you're getting pretty close to the IP lap record which normally means a bloody quick car!  Good stuff  ;)

Scando, I just purchased a set of Bridgestone 55s. What pressure do you recommend for them?

Try around 28-29psi cold at the start of the day.  Reset them to around 29-30 just before you go out on the track each time after that.  Check them as soon as you come in off the track after each session, if they build up to more than 36 then they're getting too hot so try dropping the starting pressure 1psi at a time.  If you're only doing short sprints then you can probably get away with starting them 1-2psi higher.

The good thing I found with the Bridgestones is that they're not too critical on pressure.  With the Dunlops 1psi makes a big difference!

Please excuse my ignorance, but are there two different track layouts at Sandown?? I thought I would drag out a few old yearbooks and compare Sinisha's Zed's time to old touring cars times etc but found wildly different times for different years/classes.

I was a huge fan of the old Silverstone S575's and ran several sets on my 1600 over the years, Its good to here some feed back on the new models. When I changed to the Bridgestone re55s the car was around 1 to 1.5 sec's a Km quicker than the Silverstones and nearly half a second quicker to most first splits at hillclimbs (mostly around 30m from the start).

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday at QR I know I did at least a 69 second lap. I have only seen the results of the first three runs so its possible (I believe its likely) that I might have a better time again. I was only just starting to get brave on the last couple of laps. 69 seconds is 5 seconds faster than my previous best.

Yesterday at QR I know I did at least a 69 second lap. I have only seen the results of the first three runs so its possible (I believe its likely) that I might have a better time again. I was only just starting to get brave on the last couple of laps. 69 seconds is 5 seconds faster than my previous best.

Is that the sprint or clubman circuit???? My old ZG Fairlane used to do 1min 14sec around the clubman circuit, which for a stock 302 and auto wasn't too bad.

My Zed has done a 52.9 at Mt Cotton, will get some QR times hopefully in September. I have also done the old Lakeside in 1:04 at the 2000 Super Tourers meeting.

It will be interesting to see how the new motor goes with the stroker bottom end I have used for the last couple of years and my old N42 head off my 2.9 motor with N47 turbo manifold, throttle body is 63mm diameter.

thats the clubman circuit. 69 seconds isn't all that fast but its only my second time there so I still have some room for improvement. As it turns out I didn't go any faster in the last two laps which surprised me a lot. They felt so much quicker. Not sure where I am going wrong.

Did a sprint with the HSV owners club at Sandown today, did a PB 1.20.6.

This is .8 sec quicker than last time, got the tyre pressures right and did a mod on the front suspension to raise the roll centre and reduce the body roll.

I think it was the FTD also, very happy with the result!!!

cheers,

Sinisha

1.02's at Qld Raceway Clubman circuit

1.25's at Qld Raceway National circuit

1.53 at Eastern Creek

!.25 at Oran Park Grand prix

1.28's at Sandown

1.58's at Phillip Island

AND

2.46 at Mt Panorama

Group Sc 280 running L28, with stocko brakes (narrow cheesecutter discs, and finned drums

Awesome time Sinisha. Well done mate. You must have done some serious work or refinement to your car over the last couple of years to get that time. Not to mention some ballsy driving. I don't think many people will be catching you any time soon.  :D