clevland v8 in 260z

Mick

I had a Cleveland sitting in my bay for all of a week, albeit from a block and tackle, they do fit, the difference is that the Cleveland has a wider V than a Windsor.

The tutorials directions however would apply to either.

I also agree with you regarding a Windsor, they can be built for a higher rev range as opposed to the Cleveland.

Cheers

John

POST SCRIPT:

Dimensions

Engine (L) Length (W) Width (H) Height (W) Weight

351 Windsor  (L) 612mm  (W) 478mm  (H) 471mm (W) 240 Kg's

351 Cleveland (L) 650mm  (W) 535mm  (H)  631mm  (W) 258 Kg's

What you talkin about Willis....

Hmmmm just read that again,

What I meant to say was they can be built to rev a lot quicker opposed to the Cleveland.

Apologies Willis

Thankyou,

And still I didn't get it right in the context I was thinking.

The overall size of the 302/351C v's the 302/351W would mean about a 10cm Clarence either side of the heads to the towers in a Zed, while the Windsor would allow about another 15cm's either side, along with the fact that it would also allow a lot more top deck Clarence in the bay.

The 302/351C was the motor of choice in Australia for FoMoCo from circa 1970 onwards, but in the States it was the W motor instead, and while the C motor is catered for really well in Australia with performance parts the same is the case in the States for the W motor.

So when looking at it from the point of modification v's fit in a Zed the Windsor would be the better option.

Saying the Windsor can be built to rev a lot quicker opposed to the Cleveland really should be read in that context as an option for transplant into a S30.