Engineering your car with a new engine?

Azon

Does anyone know any friendly engineers in melbourne who I could speak to with regards of putting a new engine (its not a L6) into a 240Z (such as what accompanying mods are eesential to get an engineering certificate) and who would be able to produce a certificate for the car once its completed? Havent engineered any of my cars before so dont really know any engineers who could do that. Any help appreciated.

There is a list of approved engineers on the vicroads website,

Vic roads

I would recommend a guy in Heidelberg from the vicroads approved list:

Paul Bottomley(VASS No.1037)

Automotive Performance Solutions Pty Ltd

14 Vernon Avenue

Ph: (03) 9455 3222

he was really helpful and pointed me in the right direction.

It is good to speak to someone like him before you start, to avoid any pitfalls and to tell you what you can and can't do prior to doing the mods. cheers

Bruce

• 2 months later...

mate im on the same path as you i got given with a smile a card for a bloke in keysbough .not how its spelt dont care.. anyway the bloke who gave me this card put a 460 blown into a 28 rod and cleared not a worry

i will PM his phone number .... im yet to get in contact with him

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey guys...I worked with both these guys in the past...Paul Bottomley at Holden engineering, and David Stannus at Nissan back when they made cars here. Both guys are very good operators... Paul is perhaps a bit more cruisey in getting back to you, but has plenty of knowledge and practical experience with modifying cars. You can reach him at Roaring Forties (the GT40 replica company) if you're having trouble getting him at the other number listed in this thread.

Cheers

Jamo