LapZ at the Lake - May 21st 2011

Jk_zeder

Well done Jane! hope you set a faster time than Locky!  ;)

She managed to stay on the black stuff at least..........

It was great to meet you guys and to see Dave again.

Likewise - was good to meet up with a few of the "Bathurst 2010" crew again. Interesting track, lots of armco  :o. , well run, friendly day  :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Few more pics....... I'll have the rest of the photos up tomorrow night and will post a link asap.

If anyone would like a copy of any photos just let me know, I'll be able to email 1 or 2 pics (around 5Mb per photo) or if you would like a copy of all the images of your car I can post you a copy. I have around 10 - 20 photo's of most of the car's. Enjoy.

post-680-144023630099_thumb.jpg

post-680-144023630109_thumb.jpg

post-680-144023630116_thumb.jpg

post-680-144023630123_thumb.jpg

Great Day :) thanks matty260z, JK-zedder and peter t.  some of the photos are fantastic i recon you missed your calling, very professional shots. i will PM you for some copies of my gold car.

Also galderdi just check out the video good stuff, :) i should have let you get a lot closer at the start  as you were doing similar times for most of the run.

Cheers

Dave

By the way here is all three runs on Youtube

Here is one of the practice runs. The Skyline in front of me spin at Hungry about 4:35 into the video.

Great stuff,  :)  love the insert of the glasses cam  8) . i guess i gunned it at the start of the run, i thought you might come flying past will my lousey diff ratio :) . Also i coluld not find the link to Toms spin in practice?

Cheers

Dave

wooops my bad:

Good stuff  :) lol lol, thanks for letting me (and Tom) pass if you didn't there was no way i would have been able to get past you down the staight, i was wringing  her neck at about 6300 when  i got by you,( shift light comes on at 5500).

Wonder how he did that, got on the gas too hard? Car looked quite stable, up until then. Greg, I'm sure you know but your Z has a lot of pitch which would tend to unsettle the car.

Aub was dumping loads of gearbox oil, i stupidly thought it was just a tyre rubbing baddly, until i had a moment comming out of Hungry, Tom was not so lucky :)

Could be front dampers too soft on bump Greg but more likely too soft front springs compared with the rears. See your incar videos when braking.

Yeh Aub said he dropped oil, busted the back out of the diff?

Well, where can I start...?!

What a thoroughly awesome week for Jane & myself!

Nearly 4000kms covered. One brilliant track day. Great food & drink, and sensational company!!!

A big thanks to Steve (Chev Z) & Deb for putting us up at 'The Farm' for 2 nights - many thanks for the 'birthday farm stay' you two! :P

To Matt & Allison for the 3 night stay at their lovely Queenslander & for lavishing us with far too much food & drink! (Awesome Omelettes mate!)

To Dusty & Dave for the organisation of the track day & to the rest of the QZCC - fantastic effort guys!

If LapZ is still going in a couple of years, I think we'll be making the trip back up north again...! (I'll need some more HP though...)

I'd rate Lakeside up there with P.I. as my two favourite tracks in Australia now - just a pity it's soooo far away :(

Regards,

Locky & Jane.

IMG_7368.jpg

P.S. Richard G - why didn't you make an appearance?

I find the only way to avoid oil spewing cars and things spinning in front of me is to just pull the finger out and overtake them, as I usually do.

Sounds like all you guys had a ball

Any lap times?

Nothing on bayside, then again I am in Amsterdam, about to board the river cruise boat heading to Bucharest.

Oh yes the red light district is a real eye opener, absolutely amazing, especially for the single fellas

Greg, have a look at getting front springs in the 300 lb or above, the usual suspects, ie King, Eibach, Selbys Fulcrum will sell approx 260 lb, just not enough, and yes other will jump on and say way to high, but, anyway that's my suggestion, oh, and just do one change at a time, and test test test, keep records, lap time charts, tyre pressure charts, tyre choices, track day temps, all in a kids type school exercise book.

Enuf secret tips for now!

Greg, have a look at getting front springs in the 300 lb or above, the usual suspects, ie King, Eibach, Selbys Fulcrum will sell approx 260 lb, just not enough, and yes other will jump on and say way to high, but, anyway that's my suggestion, oh, and just do one change at a time, and test test test, keep records, lap time charts, tyre pressure charts, tyre choices, track day temps, all in a kids type school exercise book.

Enuf secret tips for now!

Trust your enjoying your "European Vacation" Mr Lea! 8)

Your right about springs etc. Jason

Jon & Darrin Siddins have been assisting some of the Gold Coast boys playing at Morgan Park Sprint Series (300 pound front springs one of the first changes!)

Has made a big improvement to their times etc.

Guess I should change my tarmac car sometime (it's had the same suspension setup since it was built in 2004) bilstein shocks & king springs 200 pond upfront & 250 pound rears.

I know its not ideal for trackwork - but it is very nice on tarmac rally!

Some approx. times from the weekend were(sorry to anyone who's time I forgot or misquote!):

Lurch:low 64's

Dave R low 64's

Mike McKelliget low 62's

Greg Ald low 66's

Lee Falkner 59's (one run before is balancer worked loose & could't be tightened!)

Dusty (bang F%#k where's my boy!) :D :'( :P

Robin Evans 65's

Wilbur "silver fox" Graham High 61's

Matt R 64's? (old toyo's)

Jim Milliner (in my z) mid 62's

Me mid 61's

Nev high 60's

Alan Fielding high 60's

Aubrey Hughes 65's

sorry all I can remember anymore!

Looks S#@T hot  8)! Looking forward to seeing it soon, when do you think that will be?

Cheers

Dave

I'd assume at this stage it'll be mid July. Everything's mostly there just need wheels,tyres and needs to be wired up so we'll be sending it to Robin. Getting close now  :)

James