Advice - tech specs for Targa High Country 2011

RLY240

Just wait for the red tape and regulation police to now strike, at least with AASA it was quite " loose"

I can see Scrutineers & Stewards gleefully rubbing their hands together.

I'm a past State board member for CAMS, but now love AASA after Rally Tas this year...I was rung up Fri arvo at 2.00 and asked If I wanted to navigate...yep.. two and a half hours later I was sitting in the car at the start line, that is, I signed up for a licence 30 min before that, we missed breifing, the car had a very quick scrut , I drove it through the Start as the driver was still signing stuff, 20 min late for the first stage (Prologue luckly!), I scored some notes but had no road book for the Fri stages and we came home 2nd outright, chasing down the leading Porsche until the clutch went on the 3rd last stage!! one of the best weekends of my life, sure beats doing the 2 start controls I was going to do. The Event Director came and had a beer with us at the dinner, raised his glass and said 'well done boy's...we couldn't have done that with CAMS....'

The guys above are right, unless your in the top 3 no one really is fussed what spec you run, I've seen Zeds with 16 x 7.5 inch rims with 225 tyres etc etc etc. Hopefully they will be able to keep the 'Demo' class that Jason ran his 120Y in, as it's a ripper and the public love it, he is right that FX was a Sports Sedan but was great to see in action, should be more of it! Stu Benson once told me that 80% of competitors are in it for fun, 20% think they can win it and 3% can win it...

That is exactly what is happening with AASA "sanctioned" events. They are fun! :)

There has been heaps of praise about how the Seemore Stages has been run.

Roll up, scrut on site and off you go...no stress..plenty of fun.

I can see reasons for running CAMS events and many good reasons not to, although AASA is looking better each time I look at it.

Sorry for going OT, but anyone contemplating building a rally zed (whether for Tarmac or Forest) really needs to tread carefully now & comply with the regs to the letter "IF" the're looking at running in a  CAMS sanctioned events above club level and not wanting to seek the attention of the scrut's & stewards (let alone fellow crews who are looking for a valid Protest point).

Here is the reason for the change to CAMS. (from CAMS BOARD BRIEF 241st BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING)

CAMS AUSTRALIAN TARGA CHAMPIONSHIP

The Board approved the creation of the CAMS Australian Targa Championship to include Targa Tasmania, Targa Wrest Point, Classic Targa Adelaide, and Targa High Country and authorised the use of this Championship.

See the Media Announcement of the new Title: CAMS Confirms Australian Targa Championship