Queensland Floods

RB30X

Hope you guys in and around the Brisbane area are doing alright tonight. Seen some crazy footage with rivers smashing down main roads in built up areas on the news. We've been lucky so far where I am but the best is yet to come I think, unfortunently.

Keep your Zeds up as high as you can  ;D

We copped it good in Tbar and we're on the top of a hill!  These are out the back of work which backs onto East creek.  The cars against the bridge were ones from a carpark up stream and were empty.  I need a new work car now, subarus aren't very waterproof haha  :'(

Water peak

I am cut-off and can't get home so will stay here in central Qld with good food (it's running out), cold beer and a dry bed.  Roads are flooded to west Brisi until Sat probably so will try to get home then.  No power at home but the Z is high and dry!!

We had a close call on Tuesday. The neighbour scared the heck out of me by telling me he was told to evacuate. The creek 100 m away was up to the road level. Another 2m in height and our house would have been flooded. More importantly the cars would have started going under. I was having to start thinking about which car to save as I would only be able to drive one. It turned out ok as the water level did not rise anymore than that. But it made for a sleepless night as we had to stay up to keep an eye on it. Luckily for us it was only localised flash flooding and is in no way connected to the Brisbane River.

A mate at work owns a Z32 and he read on the 300zx forums that a couple of Z32's and a mid resto 240 floated away. Apparently the 240 was in the garage and the whole garage was knocked down and floated away!? I read a thread where another bloke was trying to save his blue 300, made a wrong turn and sunk it.

Sulio

We had a close call on Tuesday. The neighbour scared the heck out of me by telling me he was told to evacuate. The creek 100 m away was up to the road level. Another 2m in height and our house would have been flooded. More importantly the cars would have started going under. I was having to start thinking about which car to save as I would only be able to drive one. It turned out ok as the water level did not rise anymore than that. But it made for a sleepless night as we had to stay up to keep an eye on it. Luckily for us it was only localised flash flooding and is in no way connected to the Brisbane River.

Should have called, I could have come and driven one of them, shed had two spaces free. Glad it wasn't required though.

Brad

its pretty hectic here in Ipswich, i'm not directly affected by the flooding, though the water is on the other side of my hill. Ive only gotten power back on tonight since Tuesday, and all the shops have no food, nor the servos have fuel. It's just amazing how much we rely on technology to run our lives, and how useless we are when we don't have it.

My car did die in the centre of Ipswich on Tuesday, it would have been toast if i hadn't gotten it running again.

Should have called, I could have come and driven one of them, shed had two spaces free. Glad it wasn't required though.

Brad

Thanks Brad, I did get your message and certainly would have taken it up but by that stage the threat had passed for us. Really appreciate your offer though.

Sorry I didn't think of Z's as was too busy what with customers being cut off in CQ for so long and trying to get goods to them. My boss had his house flooded up to the roof and our w'house looks like a furniture factory. In future keep in mind I have  space for a couple of cars at my place in Loganholme should the need arise.  ;)

Glad to hear everyone is ok. I had an interesting time of it as well. I left Townsville on Sun 09 Jan on my way to Albury/Wodonga. I had to drive inland via Hughenden, Winton, Longreach, Barcaldine, Charleville, Cunnamulla, Bourke, Nyngan, Dubbo etc.

It was an interesting trip and I think I only just made it through, I had to drive through a little bit of water in a flood way about 50km south of Cunnamulla.

The roads were very rough and it seemed a big risk taking such an old car through such conditions but they are tough little cars and other than picking up some crook fuel in Hughenden and the speedo going phsycho over 50MPH I had no real mechanical issues in 2769 KM. Got good fuel consumption too and used no oil or coolant so very happy.

Regards

Peter.

Great stuff mate. All those towns and roads are familiar and what a great Z run to go on. There is something to be said for cruising the outback roads. Must have been great in a Z. Have only been there in a more modern car or truck allthough did a road trip when first married in a 1600 from Roma to Sydney and back via the inland and coastal route and many trips from Roma to Bundaberg and Gympie in the old 1600. It was almost new in those days. The 1600 that is. Now the Z is almost new again but the same can't be said for me or the cheese and kisses. Hope she doesn't see this or I am going to be in trouble. ;D

hows everyone going with the clean up?

my work was flooded in a big way (rocklea). I work at an earthmoving machinery dealership and we had a heap of machines go under. pretty much rooted. All the positive wires in the machines are eaten away from electrolysis, engines full of water etc etc. spare parts lost probably 80% of their stock.

been a hard week so far and we got lots more to go

anyone else having fun out there??