head pics

peter mc

• 2 weeks later...

just back from the flow bench good and bad  >:( the inlet was as good as i was hoping 230 at 550th at 28in .but the ex not as good as i would like , but with a bit of help from Andrew at blackwell engines the port came back. i still have lot to learn about the exh port it is very easy to stuff up .but with a bit of work on the short turn the numbers came up 155cfm @ 550 160cfm at 600 much thanks to Andrew you are a pro

post-2089-144023609294_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Just wondering are you going to be running injection or carbs?

Just that in the past I have sandblasted the intake ports to help prevent the over fueling when you back off into a corner then give it a boot coming out. With the walls polished the fuel wets the walls and when you open it up the air flow rips the fuel off and you get a hesitation, but with them lightly sand blasted the surface has turbulence on it which keeps the fuel from wetting the walls and thus no hesitation from over fueling when you open it back up. Worked for me very well.

Also if you have to remove any more material from the chambers its not a bad idea to un-shroud the outside of the chambers next to the valves and even under cut them under the gasket line which also improves the flow.

Epic thread dig. There is a full build on the car in the member project section. It's running 6 Mikuni flat slides from memory.

Pete's ports aren't too bad though, he built me a 360hp L28.