$300 Gift Voucher

Bigfella

I was just given a $300 gift voucher from Just Tools for my 40th. Believe it or not I am having a bit of trouble spending it.  I was thinking of getting a sandblasting cabinet. Come on fellow Zeders I need some suggestions.

Thanks

Bigfella

happy birthday by the way

Yes and imagine how many new "friends" you will have with your own sandblaster!!!

yep, I'll be around with a whole heap of stuff to clean up

I'd add the following:

metal cutoff saw

ratchet spanners

descent size air compressor

cheers

Bruce

Make sure your compressor is big enough first.

+1 on this.

I had one of those little cabinets and tried to run it with my 50 litre, 3hp compressor. Worked O.k but the compressor was always running, trying to keep up with the mass amount of air needed to blast effectively.

Very frustrating, so just did what every frustrated person would do and went out and got a 250 litre, 10hp compressor and a bigger cabinet. That sorted it right out ;D

happy birthday by the way

yep, I'll be around with a whole heap of stuff to clean up

I'd add the following:

metal cutoff saw

ratchet spanners

descent size air compressor

cheers

Bruce

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Yeah i'm not sure of the size of compressor required. I will have to look into that.

I was also thinking of getting a plasma cutter. But just tools don't have them, and they are a bit more than $300 bucks

How much was the cabinet? Also what the min size compressor you can use it with?

Its was $245. it states 5 CFM at 80 psi. I have a 2 1/2 HP compressor and I can't find a CFM on it anywhere. It was having a bit of trouble keeping up.

I have a mate who is going to sell me his 3 cylinder 15 amp jobbie at a good price and that is about 8 CFM.

Hopefully that will cope a bit better.

I have a mate who is going to sell me his 3 cylinder 15 amp jobbie at a good price and that is about 8 CFM.

Hopefully that will cope a bit better.

It will still struggle, but will get the job done.....eventually!

What I did when I was running a smaller compressor was purchase one of those small blast pots and ran that into the cabinet as the pressure pots are more effective due to the fact they don't need to waste pressure by having to suck up the media from the bottom of the cabinet.