Wolf Creek Racing - Experiences

Brabham

Kev runs sw shafts in his 4wd zed , and there very good , haha he had wolf creek in for 10mim and snaped and sent him of the track at winton  had the SW shafts in for 2 years no problem with 800+ hp

My understanding has always been that the Wolf Creek shafts were good for only 600hp?

I'm not standing up for anyone, but I've run these shafts for 6-7 years now and the only issue has been the locking bolts backing out, which I sorted by using nylock nuts.

They are a bit noisy and clunky, especially at full droop it's possible to wiggle them by hand !! However, at horizontal they are good and they've lasted this far (5 gearboxes and 2 diff mounts later) when I couldn't get a single track day out of a set of uni joints.

Chiseling the splines is pretty dodgy when they should have a proper fitting set of shafts, but they still work fine don't they in this application....

I have had their CVs fitted for a while, but I don't do many ks.  There is a lot of play in the rear, but I'm not sure if its the diff or the shafts.  A friend was trying to source some Porsche CVs to replace the Chinese ones on the Wolf Creek setup, I'll check up and see how he went.

I believe the set I bought have the porsche cv's(or at least say so!!)? are there different sets they sell? or have they fixed some issues of late?

If they are ok for up to 600hp thats ok... Regarding SW Motorsport - he's expensive but the items are quality. I got his solid race diff mount and its been super strong

• 11 months later...