Gran Turismo 5

RB30X

I first bought a Playstation 1 to play Gran Turismo 1 when it came out.

The trend continued with GT2, 3 and 4.

My GT5 Iphone application is telling me the release date is November 3rd 2010.

November 3rd.................November.......2010. :'(

Two months away, after all these years.

I have been reading up on what this edition is supposed to contain and I am very excited.

Anyone planning a few weeks off work after its release date??? After all, we're only human.

I've got a bad feeling that the missus is going to get angry at me, I'm going to be 'sick' according to work and my zed is going to stall for a few weeks due to lack of funds when I come home one day to find that new G25 and PS3 sitting on my desk....

8)

I think the game looks promising, and I've played forza 3 to death already.... Now, just got to justify $1000 for one game  :o

If I had a PS3, I'd be getting GT5.

I have Dirt 2 for my Xbox though, and so far I find it better than any of the GTs I've played, though I have spent MANY, MANY hours playing GT1 back when I played my Playstation. I can't wait for Dirt 3, Rock Band 3 (October release) and Call of Duty: Black Ops (November Release). :)

I've got a bad feeling that the missus is going to get angry at me, I'm going to be 'sick' according to work and my zed is going to stall for a few weeks due to lack of funds when I come home one day to find that new G25 and PS3 sitting on my desk....

8)

I think the game looks promising, and I've played forza 3 to death already.... Now, just got to justify $1000 for one game  :o

1000 bux??!?!??!?!??! $600 more likely. I have just clocked over to my 76th game with my PS3 and unless I buy a few more before GT5 it will be my 77th.

Well I heard a myth about some $350 120gb PS3's going around, but I'm not intown at the moment, so they'll all be gone before I get the chance to buy one, so it'll be a $600 playstation, a $400 steering wheel and then a $100 game.

So, realistically, $1100 just for the one game.

I already have a 360 with about 20 games and a modded Wii with around 80 games, so there isn't a whole lot coming out these days I can't play on atleast one of those systems. Hence, $1100 for one game....  :-\

I'm wondering if GT5 will be too big for the PS3.

I bet it has an update too, before you can play anything which will take three hours.

Steering wheel, Who uses a steering wheel? It's controller for me all the way. I even hate using the toggle for steering.

the g27 is 500. There is a new 320gig ps3 for 600. I just got my 250gig for 400. And 300 for the signature edition gt5 pack.

The local shop has the G27 for $420 including next day delivery :)

Haven't been able to do the ring around not being home, but would suspect that I'd only be able to get the$600 320gb version

Notinterested in the signature edition. I don't need a key chain, die cast model and picture book enough to warrant the $200 extra!!

So yeah, $1100 if I bite the bullet. Yet to be decided! Depends if I get that day off in November that I want!!

I'm wondering if GT5 will be too big for the PS3.

I bet it has an update too, before you can play anything which will take three hours.

Steering wheel, Who uses a steering wheel? It's controller for me all the way. I even hate using the toggle for steering.

You might aswell pull out the playstation and gt1 if thats your driving style. A wheel is the way to go, specially the g25/7, 6 speed gated shifter with clutch.. why would you use the old analogue controls?

I have a full c ockpit built, with handbrake, g25/7, the seat shakes and race harness, cant get any closer to the real thing.

I have a wheel for my 360, but I'm not a fan of it, I think mostly because I either need it clamped to teh table, which puts me sitting funny, or it just flops around on my lap, if I try it that way.

I want to build a racing gaming seat, but, I'm running out of space in the ManCave as it is with the entertainment center, PC, and Rock Band ION Audio drum set, among other things. :/

I want to build a racing gaming seat....

You just reminded me that I recently replaced the seats in my zed and have a spare fiberglass racing seat lying around..... WHY DID YOU DO THAT!!!!!

My wallet is bracing itself already. Might have to soften up the olds tho, I doubt they'd like me having a racing cockpit lying around in their house. Nor could I fit it in my room which is the only place I'm able to play games due to lack of big screens in the house, hence everyone wants access to it at the same time to watch such quality shows as Today Tonight and Neighbours...  :'(

Looks like I'm getting it now I managed to fix my ps3 with cooking skils haha. Mine died from YLOD error which is when the solder underneath the chip cracks because of the ridiculous amount of heating then cooling they do, so i baked it in the oven and it is all good again. YAY

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, I think I might finally have to invest in a PS3 and GT5.  :o

advice TRY before u buy. go to someones place that u know who has it and have a play with it.

I'm a GT fanatic got them all from original PS1 to PS2 and GT4. my second xbox360 conviniently died around the launch of GT5.  So I thought enough of microtoss and dodgey design getting PS again and GT5 was all excited.

spent bit of time deciding PS3slim vs xbox 360 slim GT5 VS Forza 2 and 3 and 4 coming out this year.

my cousin bought PS3/GT5 bundle and I borrowed it for few days.

week later went and bought Xbox360 with kinect and back in Forza.

Very very disapointed with GT5 after all these years and big hipe, big deal 1000+ cars when 500 of them are simply junk waste of MB.oh yeah and still no porsches ( i know there is RUFs but ain't the same)  :o . This is also reflected in reviews. forza 2 and 3 all score almost perfect 10 while gt5 is struggling between 7 and 8. i would rate it 5. just a bigger version with better graphics of 4. no real improvment. occasionaly it decides to freeze to upload data and usualy when u around a corner doing high speed. next thing wall. not happy. 

Also 432R fairlady Z looks so much better than 240zg. And u can  dump a SR20 or RB26 in it  if for some silly reason S20 wasn't good enough :D

yeah u dont get G27 logitech for xbox but u can get Fanatec ones which are even better though bit pricey.

just my 0.1c worth.