QLD: Race cam shaft - make some real HP

d3c0y

Hey Guys,

Up for sale is my ameri-cam L series cam shaft i bought in the states. This is not your average street cam and you will need a few mods to support it - i.e. it wont work with twin SU's and a stock head.

Lift is .555" and has 300 intake, 316 exhaust duration.

It is ground on a 111 lobe centre.

It has been ground on fresh Datsun billett and has never been fitted to an engine.

It requires .263" lash pads which i can part with for aditional cost.

RPM Range: 4000-8500 RPM

$350

Who/Which company supplied this, what model is it, and has it been used.

Was it ground on a aftermarket Billet, or is it a regrind on a stock Datsun Camshaft, and the supplier is saying it is a Billet stick

( Datsun have not produced billet blanks for a very long time !! )

Pm me a scan of its spec sheet and I will talk to my engine guy.

Hey Jason

As stated it's an Ameri-cam I don't have the cam with me at the moment so I can't tell you what the model number is but I can bring it with me on the weekend when I grab the head. I did google the model number and didn't come up with anything. The cam was ground on a datsun blank and has not been used. I don't have the spec sheet.

You need to do that because it doesnt run a stock base circle (?is that what it's called?) to get more lift out of it i think.

Also you need to set the correct rocker angle to get the correct wipe patten on the arms.

Because this is different for every motor I doubt that .263 will be correct for all valve set ups but at least will be a good starting point.

The lash pads i can sell are .290 and .360 so you could grind them to whatever you require.

Is there a stamped number(s)/letters on the back of it?

Does the lobes have tiny small drilled holes ie an internal oiled cam rather than the early spray bar type ( no holes on lobes or tower bearing area?

Hey, how come if ther is no cam spec/timing sheet you can remeber the tech details on it!!!

I cant remeber what I did yesterday let alone engine tech, I have to have it recorded in journals for each car I have!

I will ask my engine guy what he thinks, re its specs as quoted above.

yes I think i might have to give you your money back, and give you the head and do swaps on the cam, I will let you know.

BTW which weekend you planning to come up??

I am busy this w/end spraypainting the 120Y rally car, I got accepted into Targa High Country in it, we are car number 520, so I now have to a bit of work and finish it off!

Pretty sure it's internally oiled, and use it has a number stamped on the end of it.

I got the specs on email when i bought the cam so no mind trickery there.

I was going to try and come up this weekend, i've got your mobile so i can call you first before i come.