Haliday in Thredbo - 17-20th Feb 2011

C.A.R.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on boys we only have an overnighter or extended trip once a year. This is why we have our Zeds to enjoy on trips like this, not sit in garages in pieces. So just go to the bank and get a loan ha ha.

Oh and Scott I am looking forward to hearing from you after you have been married for 20 years. Remember you are still in the honeymoon phase.  ;)

One of our bridesmaids and her fiance are considering coming along in a 350Z, ill let you know if they confirm or otherwise

I think Craig might have read that as two bridesmaides as opposed to a couple, (ever the optomist hey mate!), but yer we have space in our room for anyone looking for a bed. I reckon I've got that "sleep walking with a kitchen knife thing" under control now.

Cheers,

Sulio

Spot on Sulio. Read it again and to my disappointment it is a couple. Well we sell have a room for them if they like. Looks like it's me and you in the queen the Sulio. I will hook up with Bennypars before the trip mate. :-*

Ok all you Canberrans , where should we meet next thursday morning ? suggest the Gull servo station in Hume or Chisholm shops carpark adjacent to the BP ??

does anyone have spare min 2 watt or 5 watt UHF ? (my 1 watter is pathetic)

Mexicans....how about some mobiles ? Ive got Sulios.

Do we want to attemp to meet at the servo at the alpine way crossroads I forget the name of the tiny town  ::)(the one that sells the dodgy burgers)

just remember we only have mob reception for about 1 km !!

Spot on Sulio. Read it again and to my disappointment it is a couple. Well we sell have a room for them if they like. Looks like it's me and you in the queen the Sulio. I will hook up with Bennypars before the trip mate.

Damn better bring my cork!

Channel 16 on the radios is what we have come to use on previous occasions. Shall we all agree to use channel 16 as we get into the mountains.

Sulio

Hey Craig is Evan in?

Morning boys I planned on updating this morning but looks like you beat me to it.

OK.  For Vic people lets meet at say 8.30am in Lilydale (Old Hardware Car Park on the left) if you are in the Eastern suburbs. If you are coming from Ballarat then all Vic boys should meet up at Euroa at BP Servo around 11.00am. From there yes that would be great if we can meet up with the ACT guys at the same servo as 2 years ago where we missed each other by 15mins. Damn. Baring any BLACK Saturday fires this year which closed a number of raods causing massive delays we should be on time this year. Can anyone remember the original time we were to meet there 2 years ago? As that time would have been perfect with out our detours. Was it 3pm or 2.30 ish? I guess use that as a guid anyway. We can call someone again or call me around 1pm to guage where we are. My number is Zero four one nine 104 three four two.

Sulio I have to ring Dave Chambers this morning. Spoke to him earlier this week and he was 60% in. Not sure about Even he doesn't answer my direct emails?

Johnboy what side of town are you coming from? Give me a call or PM me. Any others want to meet up in Lilydale?

I have a 2-way as well. Should try and get one if you are coming.

Not long to go now guys. Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Yeah Craig it was around 2pm last time that we tried to meet, but that was only cause of the detours you had.

I think that 240z has been at the caravan park for a few years now, if its the same one Im thinking..

reception is absolute rubbish in the mountains..My vodafone has no hope, anyway my number is 0408 770100.

Thanks Chriss I will load your number in my phone. I have an iphone these days so who knows if that gets better reception than last time? OK it sounds like we should be there by 2pm then. Maybe you guys should call me before you hit the mountains on the last leg to the service station rather than me ring you. As I won't know when that is and our run in is reasonably flat, I think. Last resort we can send texts as sometimes they get through. From memory that's how we worked out that we had just missed you when someone got something.

Anyway all good. Looking forward to my last drive in the Zed before it goes off the road for a month or two.

Hey Sulio,

I hear your close to town? if so let me know I can give you a lift out of town or to thredbo if you so desire?

Craig, happy to take some nice back roads to Hume..

See U all soon

John

zezo four zero seven six eight one two one five.

fellas the little village with the petrol station & the dodgy hamburgers is "Tom Groggin" and not khancoban...

Sorry Chris, it is Khancoban.  Tom Groggin is a camp site several kays up from Khancoban on Alpine way.  Pretty spot to camp, but we will want to meet the VIC guys at Khancoban. 

Hey Sulio,

I hear your close to town? if so let me know I

John

That sounds great John, I'm in Kensington. I'll gove you a call tommorrow to discuss.

Cheers,

Sulio

Oh and of coarse a reminder for radio's; rob, borrow steal to get your self a UHF, best to get a 5 watt to be useful.