MSD 6AL

Riceburner

Doesnt the 6AL have a couple of 'chips' that you plug in to set rev limits

then the 6AL-2 have a dial (well 2 dials) for revs??

ebay USA have a few different options, the dollar is pretty good too! (91 cents)

Cheapest in OZ I could find was $325

The 6AL has a single pill to plug in to set the rev limit. You can get adaptors, like the "2 step" and "3 step" to set multiple rev limits. If you're handy with some sodler and resistors, and potentiometers you can make your own adjustable "pills".

I have a 6AL in the attic, I'm not sure where it came from, and not sure what I'm going to do with it, since I don't own a vehcile that has a dizzy anymore.

I had a crane hi6 for about a month when they first came out.Car wouldnt rev over 4500rpm and on the dyno showed the spark fizzling out.Took it off ,no probs with spark.Sent it back under warranty to adelaide and they said nothing was wrong with it.Maybe bad luck but I dont think so.Have been using msd for a while with no probs.A lot of my mates have upgraded from 6al to the msd digi 6 and digi 7 which I beleive allows them to retard and advance timing from in the car and also retard timing at full acceleration etc etc a little too complexed for my application ,but how deep is your pockets.

Do you care to elaborate on this?

Several Crane ignition boxes that either just flat out failed, or wouldn't work properly, like rev limiters, not limiting, the already mentioned limited reving, with rev limiters no where near that setting. These were installed on several different cars, by me and others. FWIW, I've been working with automotive electronics for around 20 years now, on an amature and professional levels, just so you know, I'm not afraid of electroncs and had made it my job for over a decade. ;)

I thought we werent wrong ,well the dyno said so anyway but thanks.As for the other chap whos works your lucky and as far as I know crane has gone bankrupt and been taken over so maybe they have fixed any issues.I know they were good for top end gear rockers,guides ,cams and heck 20 years ago you could buy one of there stickers for 5 bucks and it would ad 5hp to your ego!