Full under body bush kit from usa

drifta1600

hi all, just thought id show you all the bush kit i got from USA for 260au including postage. took 7 days to get here. very good quality, and the fit in awesome! here's the guy i got them off -  http://motors.shop.ebay.com/zpartshouse/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

ZPARTSHOUSE great fella, help me save on postage, just ask!

post-1999-144023582595_thumb.jpg

Is that the Nothalane kit I was looking at that for later down the track meant to be awesome let us know how the car feels after you have it in.  :)

will do, its gona be stiff thats for sure! even with out driving it, the steering feels a hell of alot stiffer from the steering rack and the steering rod/shaft bushes! i look farward to driving it, got to get the motor in tomorow :-)

post-1999-144023582671_thumb.jpg

I haven't tried to get a price here but does it work out cheaper importing into Australia a product that is made here and shipped to the US? http://www.nolathane.com.au/

I might add I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case!

well nolathane dint even do many rubbers for the z (only strut bar), i tryed that first, i rang all the suspension joints and car joints around, and they couldn't get much at all!  all the could get me is - strut bar, steering rack, trany mounts, and sway bar bushes. What they could get was going to cost well over half of what i paid! so importing worked out way cheaper, id say half price :-)

I recently bought the same kit through Black Dragon Auto in the US and have almost completed the front end.  Had the same problem in not being able to find all of the bushings from the local parts suppliers.  The quality seems very good and it will be much stiffer.  I have also replaced the ball joints, tie rod ends, upper bearings and strut inserts.  I hope to have the car ready for a wheel alignment this weekend then looking forward to seeing how it handles.

I recently bought the same kit through Black Dragon Auto in the US and have almost completed the front end.  Had the same problem in not being able to find all of the bushings from the local parts suppliers.  The quality seems very good and it will be much stiffer.  I have also replaced the ball joints, tie rod ends, upper bearings and strut inserts.  I hope to have the car ready for a wheel alignment this weekend then looking forward to seeing how it handles.

how much did the kit cost you? and i hope you have a press (my naboure has one  ;) ) for the old control arm bushes!  ;D

• 3 months later...

I also got this kit through BDA about 6 months ago when the dollar wasn't as strong.  Have the front done now with new bushes, bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, re-built calipers, pads and strut inserts.  Sure improved the handling and braking.  The bushes fit very well and I was impressed with the quality of the kit.  The biggest problem is getting the old bushes out of the swing arm.  I don't have a press so tried building one from info on youtube - no luck.  Tried heat, different size sockets and a big hammer and only got a sore arm.  Ended up drilling out rubber so inner tube was removed then carefully cut outer tube on both sides with a hack saw then knocked tube out with a chisel.  Have to be careful not to damage the bushing housing with the saw or chisel.  Once I got the technique sorted out it didn't take long to do the other side.

Some other learnings from the job:  loosen the top nut (do not remove it) on the strut before removing the assembly from the car because you still have leverage if it is very tight.  Do the same for the bolts on the stearing arm for the same reason.  If you have taken the strut assembly out of the car and you have trouble getting the force to loosen these then try mounting the tire back on the axle then get somebody to stand on the tire while you loosen the nut and bolts.

Good Luck with the job