Sign in to follow this  
Lurch

2010 AusZcar Christmas BBQ - 4/12/2010!

Hi Guys, I have a mate with a 260z 2+2 lives just up the road. So Rod and his family will be coming with Bells on, come on guys ,see if we can get some more, Cheers Gordon.

Hi Guys. Dave Robertson will be bringing his silver 240z. If you remember he also had the Burgandy 240z with the 302 v8 in it, I think 2008 or 9, but this car needs a bit more work on it.  How many zeds is that Lurchos ?

Also , Rod Johnson as well as bringing his 2602+2 ,he is going to bring his V8 280zx. Great news for Simon. My fingers are crossed for good weather.

If its the red 280ZX with the 5L holden V8 that was at the nationals at Philip Island, it is bad news Gordo as that is spotless  :(

But, the more the merrier

Its ok Simon the red 280zx with the holden V8  is from NSW. I have ordered the trophies, just hope I get them in time.

Hi all

Looks like I may be able to come as my wife's christmas party is not far away so we can come by for a while before :)

Now I just have to get my zed finished :0

ash

Great news Ash, ther is plenty of room for the trailer if it's not going . Love to see your zed again, got heaps of hits on this site last time. Cheers Gordon.

Hi All, with less than 2 weeks to go I hope you guys have got your cars almost ready. Does anyone no if Noel Edwards knows about the BBQ, if some one could let him know. I went down to the shed the other weekend to start up the blue 240z. The first time since last year. It started but would not idle very well, every time I gave it a bit of throttle it would die. So I played with the SU carbys and put a bit of fresh fuel in it. The fuel must have been about 3 years old. Anyway she runs OK now so I can drive it to it's parking spot for a nother year. Looking around the back yard at the moment the grass is nice and green with all the rain, as apposed the the previous years been dry and the grass was starting to brown off in November. Anyway guys lets hope the weather is good, and look forward to seeing you all again. Regards Gordon.

Just wondering if it would be okay to pop in to the Christmas BBQ, I'm not a club member just a big zed fan :)

Regards Rob

Spent the day in the shed and have got the zed ready to go.

Just got to sort out the CH plates this week and I will be on the road again :)

Ash

Great news Ash, good luck with the CH plates, who are you getting to do that for you? Will be nice to drive the zed again. If anyone knows of any zed owners that may be intrested in coming, please let them now about the BBQ. the weather forcast at the moment is a shower or two and 27deg. Cheers Gordon.

Sorry Gordo, I am not going to be able to make it this weekend.

I am snowed under at work and have been told i have to work on the weekend to catch up.

Really sorry i cant make it coz i would have loved to see all the other Z's.

Guys I picked up the trophies yesterday. We will need to nominate 2 or 3 judges. Not me. The way I would like to see the cars judged is not concourse style ,but just  on what appeals to you, sort of like the car you would like to have or drive home, the most appealing. Not points for engine ,interior body work , paint etc, it gets to complicated and takes way to long. The most appealing car will have good paint, engine, interior etc.  But the day is all about having fun and catching up with all the guys for Xmas. The trophies are just for a bit of fun or bragging rights LOL. Has your car got what it takes. Peter Mac would have been right up there. sigh.!. Any way good luck guys see you there. Gordon.