Sign in to follow this  
tir33d

My LS1 280zx conversion

Sweet Mary that will be loud. I reckon you'll notice a big improvement in power from your bigger system now as that last one was choking you. Need a vid to when you get time. Make sure you reset the engine computer before your next run so it relearns your new exhaust.

That manifold and throttle body will open up with that cam too. Nice price. Did I mention we need a video ;D

My mechanic will be with me on our next outing and we will log and adjust to suit. the Fast manifold will probably be the bigger change to the tune. the car sounds louder but that is probably due to the fact that the sound is bouncing straight back off the ground under the car. Was a shame to leave it with the mechanic as I probably would have found a road to have a squirt on. "Must be patient" I keep telling myself

Nearly went for an LSx in my 280ZX recently, I reckon they are the perfect all round motor for one. Good to see you out on the track with it, they handle far better than most people realise.

THE NEXT STAGE OF MY DNA CONVERSION IS CURRENTLY HAPPENING.

Had a set of HSV brakes that I was hoping to adapt to suit, but unfortunately they are not going to work. Now it looks like we are going to use some parts from a HZ, 330mm rotors from a VY and calipers from a EA falcon. for the front, and we are hoping to adapt a VE rear brake set up onto the rear.

All parts have been mocked up and parts ordered today. By goin with my hybrid design we will elimate my 25mm spacer and still keep the same track width.

Nothing like leaving things till the last minute, see you in QLD.