Center Console Lid

Toecutter

I saw this pic and noticed the center console lid which which I've seen from time to time but I know they are pretty rare. I've usually got a few bits and pieces sitting in that area like phone, wallet etc. Just thought it would be nice to have a lid on it all!?

Does anybody here know where I can get one?

I've been thinking I could make one up pretty easily.

IMGP3202.JPG

Hey Sulio did you hear back from these guys re shipping? interested in how much thay are costing the postage at,

dave

Still waiting, I believe they are a day behind us so I guess I'll get a response tommorrow. I'll post total price as soon as I order it! :D

Very nice centre peice.

Are you guys going to take your pride and joy's along to the NDSOC concourse at Como Park 3/12/06?

Yer I think I'll give it a go! That reminds me, my NDSOC membership needs renewal!

Ha the membership is only $45- at the moment for the remainder of the year. Unfortunately it's gone a little down hill these days. I was talking about it with my brother and we were saying how we should try and lift this club / site to the next level and get it financial (all be it in a small way). But it seems most people are happy to stay on line and congrigate at various NDSOC events. It would be interesting if we did see how many Vic members were keen on meeting up on say a quarterly basis. Anyway just a thought.

Cheers

Yer Craig there is a lot going on in the forums here but alot of members cars seem to be off the road and even during meets we have organised attendance has'nt been the best but as summer approach's and some of the guys get their cars going we might see a nice group of cars at the next meet.

I'm off to Malaysia for a few weeks soon but I hope to spend some time on my car when I'm back and get her fired up for a drive down to Lorne or Appollo Bay some time in December. But as for your comment on regular meets at a regular location I think that would be a great idea! Maybe we can start a thread on this to get some feedback!?

NDSOC organise some pretty cool events that I've been abit slack not to attend but my house renovations keep me pretty busy for now on weekends. I want to get CLASSIC HISTORIC reg so I believe I gotta get a letter fromn NDSOC for this!?

Still waiting on a reply for this console lid re pricing!!!

Cheers

Sulio

OK update on center console. Total cost inc shipping to Melb is USD$66.80 which works out to AUD$88.00 today. I've ordered the lid and awaitng airfrieght delivery however I'm out of the country for two weeks as of tonite so I'll post pix when I'm back!

Oh, for others that are interested I aked the Co if they would offer our members a discount, I'll post response I get!

Cheers

Sulio

• 7 months later...

Its been ages since I got the console lid. I had it shortened so that I could still use the first little tray with lid closed. Pardon the dodgy quality pics, used phone camera.

EDIT, Hmmm...pics did'nt upload, I'll try again later tonight!

...later it is...

normal_IMG_2026.JPG

normal_IMG_2021.JPG

Nice touch Sulio. All these little things help to make our pride and joy a little more comfortable with a touch of class giving them the look and feel of a more modern car which has always been my aim.

Thanks Craig, yer when I drive the Z I do use the center console for bits and pieces like my phone, usually a camera that with me etc as I don't want to be searching my pockets when driving. The lid stops bits and pieces flying around in tight corners. Just gotta find a good little rubber matt to put inside so items like cameras dont get scratched.

Evan, it flips back to open. The pics earlier in this thread show the lid mounted with the Square looking part up front and the lid actually arrived with a dodgey household door hinge at the curved end. However I looked at it I prefered it the other way with the smooth bit forward, (looked too much like a Ford falcon item the other way I thought). Anyhow, I went down to my local wrecker and found a good hinge from a Subaru and it worked well.