240Z radiator upgrade - 280ZX unit?

Gyra

Hi folks, just checking if a 280ZX radiator fits into a 240Z?

I suspect I may already have one, as it hangs below the lower member (and the stone tray no longer fits).

Just wanting to confirm, as there's a nice alloy unit on ebay at the moment.

Cheers!

G

I don't know about the 280zx units, but the china/msa/USA/all the same eBay alloy 240/260/280z units for $400 are pretty good value.

They all originate from the same guy in china (I spent a long time looking) so it doesn't matter who you buy from they are all identical. They're are pretty good quality and at half the price of the Ozzy made products (desert cooler, PWR) they are great value for money.

You'd better build a stone 'screen' in front of any ally radiator tho, I stuffed a heap of fins on mine and all I did was install it!!!

I went to bunnings and bought some aluminium fly screen that I'm going to attach to the back of the grill. That way I keep the grill (I think it looks great) and have effective protection from bugs killing my radiator. Yes, bugs. These radiators are super soft! I have the same spoiler as you so you might want to try that as well?

if you have a look at ebay aloy radiators, you will notice that some are around 200 some are 400 bucks. you could try and find a radiatotr that is the right size with the pipes in the right spots,  like a vn v8 commodore one and make a few mods to fit it, so you can save some money :) Thats what i will do. (my dad just did it with a p76).

even tho a com one or a skyline one is similar size to a 240z one, the 240 one is  twice the price!, duznt make sense to me :-)