Topstage have finished of the aero body kit

Im half way through painting it up.

Final pics soon

post-101474-0-35247400-1501309741_thumb.jpg

post-101474-0-41247900-1501309759_thumb.jpg

post-101474-0-99574600-1501309774_thumb.jpg

Not your average street car body kit!

Well done,  looks super aggressive.

Meant to ask.....how much R&D is involved or have you just looked at what others have done and integrated into the Z?

Meant to ask.....how much R&D is involved or have you just looked at what others have done and integrated into the Z?

Topstage Composites designed the whole kit to suit my needs. Def not for a road car.

Hopefully you get more track time this year Paul.

Wont be going this year unfortunately. got to much stuff going on. 

Will be only doing SA events. Will be at VIC time attack early next year for my

first ever look at PI

Ok lads, its been a while.

The car has been of the track for 12 months going through a series of final upgrades.

I say final because nothing is better than the bits I've put in now. 

Had its first outing on the weekend and didn't expect much but done a PB.

Vid below shows just how rusty you get when out of the seat.

Also I was in a higher than normal gear in corners and not really using the

engine to its most potential as it was a test day for us.

The whine, clunking and ticking is the new winters QC diff. Oh its loud

Enjoy

Thanks lads,

Yeah it definetly gets me happy and scared at the same time. HAHA

Will be at Vic Time attack in April. PI for the first time so

please dont expect super fast times.

well chaps i have been chasing some cooling issues with the car which forced me to miss Vic TA. It is sorted now and

turned out to be the airflow through the radiator was shit. So big hole in bonnet fixed this.

Any way was able to go to SA time attack at the new The Bend Motorsport park.

The track is fantastic. I had a gearbox sensor fail which was causing the wrong voltages being

sent to the ecu so flat shifting and gear indicators were iratic. Made for a bit of extra work on a 

new track. Any way vid link below

Love it mate.  >:D

Must be a decent size track if its taking you 2 minutes! 

Is there a way to have the track on the Motec display showing your location as well?

Love it mate.  >:D

Must be a decent size track if its taking you 2 minutes! 

Is there a way to have the track on the Motec display showing your location as well?

The track we used is 4.9km. The large layout is 7.3km from memory.

I have asked Motec if it can show the track but still waiting to her back.

Nice vid put together by YV media and Racing Line

well chaps i have been chasing some cooling issues with the car which forced me to miss Vic TA. It is sorted now and

turned out to be the airflow through the radiator was shit. So big hole in bonnet fixed this.

Any way was able to go to SA time attack at the new The Bend Motorsport park.

The track is fantastic. I had a gearbox sensor fail which was causing the wrong voltages being

sent to the ecu so flat shifting and gear indicators were iratic. Made for a bit of extra work on a 

new track. Any way vid link below

Been wondering about the front end setup, with such a huge intake area the large amount of air 'knocking at the door' needs somewhere to go behind the radiator if there is going to be sufficient air flowing through the radiator and IC. Which is what cooling is all about. I don't know how much space there is but I'd be looking at moving the radiator and IC back as far as possible so there is room for aero type ducting back from a greatly reduced size front intake. That would reduce drag significantly too. There may be other things that can be done as well like laying the rad/IC at an angle from the vertical.

We went through a process of elimination with the keeping its cool issue. First thing was laying all the coolers over by removing the factory rad suport panel. 

pulling the top of rad forward and making new cross brace. That helped a little. Then venting through the bonnet in the factory Zed bump. again this helped

a little but not enough. the end result is a much bigger hole in the bonnet. I never wanted to do that but it was required so it is what it is. 

The use of proper aero ducting is often greatly underestimated on our cars, it's what helps keep open wheeler engines cool. The inlet should be smaller than the radiator/IC, the idea is to get the air slowing down and increasing pressure by using an expanding duct, starting off at 7* and increasing from there to whats required in a particular situation. It's all in the books, you would be losing a bit of speed with all the drag you have now.

I'm sure others would work it out quicker than me. I'm definetly no aero person. But its sorted now so all good